cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Category in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my system -- I saw a material with SNP Preqs (categ EA) .

While running SNP heuristic (Foreground/Background) for Ext Procurement -- I am getting Purchase Reqs with category AG.

My query is how we get SNP Preqs(category EA) then ?

I understand that order category depends upon KF function and the order category assigned to KF function in PA administration.

Probably I am getting confused with some simple stuff -- please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, This is a setting to the key figure in your planning area settings (/sapapo/msdp_admin). To which key figure the system creates the planned orders (PRs) is based on key figure function. So when a PR is to be created, it first look for a key figure with key figure function '4001'. Then it considers the 'Category' setting of the key figure. If it is set as 'AG' (standard), the order will be created as 'AG' category. If you want to make it EA, just change this setting . Please make sure that the setting corresponding to aggregate 9AMALO is changed instead of other aggregates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada for explanation. As I said initially --I am aware of KF function and its impact on order category .

But my main doubt is -- how can a material which has existing SNP Preqs (categ EA) generate PReqs with category AG in subsequent runs?

Also my understanding is --by default(SAP Standard)  -- SNP Preqs are of categ. EA while PPDS Preqs are of categ. AG. Is not that correct ?

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Learner,

What is the APO application of these Preqs which have been created by SNP heuristics.

Also please check as Ada suggested, as there is a possibility that someone else might have disturbed the settings.

Rgds

Sourabh 

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, everthing is based on your setting, instead of the common sense or understanding of the words

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Maybe you used a different planning area which has the ATP category EA for keyfigure 9APSHIP for aggregate 9AMALA. Please note that in standard planning area 9ASNP02 we have the ATP category AG set for the keyfigure 9APSHIP and it is what we use to create SNP preqs.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

AG is "behind" the screen key for purchase req. AG and EA are the same. AG is German name that you see in the ATP category config tables...or something on those lines. I trust my memory on this as I dont have system access right now.

Thanks

BS