cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compulsory Field on Master Agreement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have created a compulsory Field on Master Agreement and  now for some reason I'm not able to change it back as a no compulsory field.

I have already cleaned it up of the customization page but the field still marked as compulsory.

I have attached an image that show this issue.

Any help will be really appreciated

Thanks

Felipe Mello

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

I believe the problem is with the extension that was created for this field.  (I assume this is a custom field) A best practice is to never create an extension as a required field. The best way is to create the field then use a page customization to make it required. The page customization can be changed easily whereas the extension definition cannot.  If you check the extension definition for this field and it is shown as required I would suggest 2 things.

1) to fix this inactivate this filed and create a new one.

2) submit an enhancement request for the WYSIWYG tool as it should do as I outlined above if it isn't currently.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to reply my question.

You are right about the field been custom and now I understand clearly the difference between (create a field >page customization > make it required) and (create an extension as required field).

But I still have a problem; I have created this field thru (create a field >page customization > make it required) WYSIWYG,,. I’m trying to inactivate this field (shown in the figure) but I can’t Change it or make it not required.

I’m trying to find where to inactivate the field so I can create a new one.

I have attached figure.

Regards,

Felipe Mello

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Gary Boutin

Finally I got it. You were completely right it was the extension definition.

Thanks for your help I really appreciate.

Regards

Felipe Mello

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to complement, I do have the flag option to inactivate the field but every time I  flag this option nothing happen when a comeback the field still there.