Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Mobile App System Monitoring => blank screen

MWiese
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I encounter problems regarding System monitoring App on Android. I followed the instructions in SCN wiki to setup the gateway and ODATA to enable the monitoring via the mobile app on android.

My app connects to the gateway without any errors but did not show anything. The screen is just blank (see attached file). I have setup one technical monitoring in my solution manager 7.1 SP7 (to monitor the solution manager itself). Do you have any clue whats going wrong?

Best regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did not find any solution for it so i let it down. I think that SAP did not develop the app correctly for Android.

Best Regards,

Hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing exactly the same issue on android (getting "saving please wait" message forever).

Did you find any solution Yet?

Thanks.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gents, Any Update on the Android side.

It works like charm on my IPAD,

But on android (HTC M8) it does not work and i have the same issue as explained above.

Solman is 7.1 SPS11

Do let us know if any one had success with Android

Many Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

Did you manage to overcome the issue on the Android Devices?

I got the same issue on my Nexus 5 which runs 4.4 kit kat. The Application get stuck when i choose the favorite systems.

Best Regards,

Hassan

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hassan,

Welcome to Mobility.

I have been struggling with the same issue for more that 45 days now.

Raised a OSS Message. There is absolutely NO RESPONSE from SAP on this.

I have tried following up multiple ways to follow up. No luck yet.

Please share your solution, if you get this working.

Regards,

Ragu

MWiese
Explorer
0 Kudos

The client 200 is the default client and contains ZBV. Client 100 contains all the other stuff like monitoring. If I drop the sap-client it tries to connect to client 200, that's the reason why.

But could this be the issue? Can you please paste the xml output of the browser, if you call the mobile URL from your webbrowser? (http://yoursolman.yourdomain.tld:8000/sap/opu/odata/AIGW/TECHMON/)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should connect to the client that has the cubes for the monitoring, in my case I am only dealing with 1 client.

MWiese
Explorer
0 Kudos

Your XML output is exactly the same than mine.

I don't understand, why this is not working for me. 😞

MWiese
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume there is some misconfiguration. So let's deep dive:

According to I have to implement these notes:

1. 1786290
  2. 1766755
  3. 1799062

The 2nd and 3rd is no problem. The first one has to be done manually. So I created the system alias (but I never had this issue decribed in this note).

Because of this, I now have two entries in step 4 of the SCN guide:

Is this correct?

The same here (Gateway > OData Channel Development with IW_BEP > Assign SAP System Aliases to OData Services):

The SAP services looks strange, too:

Two techmon services, because of duplicate entries in OData Services? Weird....

Help! 🙂

MWiese
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

now, after I reset the configuration and started over, I get a step further.

I can see and select the system itself (SID SOT). I am ask to select a system favorite. I selected it and now I get "Saving. Please Wait...." and then nothing happens. :-((

Ideas?

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay, TREX and TDMS were a gift that would not stop giving this week...

Perhaps now that you have connected you should try running a HTTP trace on SolMan to see if the device is communicating or if it is just stuck.

I see 4.3 being an option to try out on my phone now, should be able to test this afternoon.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So apparently my device has been running 4.3.x for a while cm11 is actually 4.4; and I can confirm that things came right up, here is what I put in for other settings:

server name = ip

port = 80XX

user = solman_admin (just to test with)

pass = a password

After that its all the same settings except for the client # for mine to work.

MWiese
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your investigation.

The connection error was the client option in the URL. So if you have a default client other than your monitoring / BW client, you get in trouble with the app.

So, after changing the default client, I have the situation described as above, the connect is working, but while saving the favorites, nothing happens any more.

If I have the time, I will try out the HTTP trace, to see whats going on there.. I will come back with my findings soon.

Many thanks.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

Any luck for you?

I face exactly the same issue that you are facing.

Please help, if you find any solution.

Regards,

Ragu

MWiese
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

it could be a bug in the android version. I tried the same on iOS7 and there it works. The configuration screen between Android and iOS are not the same, see screenshots:

Android 4.2.2 (HTC One):

iOS7 (iPad Air):

So, the configuration on iOS seems to be easier, but if you have a closer look to the advanced setting, it seems to be the same as on android:

The iOS App doesn't ask for favorites and this is the point for me in android, where it stops working.

Perhaps somebody can explain this! Unfortunately I can not. Currently I'm using the iPad for this App.

But I'm very interested in any solution for android.

Best regards

Marco

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using the same ID that you use on your non-mobile device?  I have found that you have to go to system monitoring and manually refresh the query before you see data on the mobile app side.

MWiese
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

thanks for your answer. Which ID do you mean, respectively how can check this?

Thanks and best regards

Marco

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So in my case I tend to use solman_admin exclusively due to some issues with consultants setting up a previous SolMan and then we deleted the IDs and had numerous issues.

When I logged into the mobile app as solman_admin (wasn't thinking when I did so) I was able to see everything.  A co-worker then logged in with their own login to SolMan and like you received a blank screen, he cleared the data for the android app and logged in as solman_admin and saw everything.  Doing some digging, I logged in with my ID and also received a blank screen, then I logged into the techmon workcenter and discovered a blank page, clicked on refresh on the bottom right side of the middle window and then refreshed my phone and started seeing results come in for the app.

MWiese
Explorer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I can't try solman_admin, because I'm getting the following while try to access the data:

"No authorization to access Service '/AIGW/TECHMON_0001'"

I try to connect with my user and receive some XML data. But something is strange. As far as I know, the URL prefix should be "sap/opu/odata/AIGW" but this doen't work in my case. If I try "sap/opu/odata/AIGW/TECHMON" something happens, but I see no data (blank screen). Service Name is set to "TECHMON". While I connect to this url via web browser, I get the following XML data:

<app:service xml:lang="de" xml:base="http://myservername.com:8000/sap/opu/odata/AIGW/TECHMON/"><app:workspace><atom:title type="text">Data</atom:title><app:collection sap:content-version="1" href="EventCollection"><atom:title type="text">EventCollection</atom:title><sap:member-title>Event</sap:member-title></app:collection><app:collection sap:content-version="1" href="AlertCollection"><atom:title type="text">AlertCollection</atom:title><sap:member-title>Alert</sap:member-title></app:collection><app:collection sap:content-version="1" href="AlertHeaderCollection"><atom:title type="text">AlertHeaderCollection</atom:title><sap:member-title>AlertHeader</sap:member-title></app:collection><app:collection sap:content-version="1" href="AlertDetailCollection"><atom:title type="text">AlertDetailCollection</atom:title><sap:member-title>AlertDetail</sap:member-title></app:collection><app:collection sap:content-version="1" href="MetricCollection"><atom:title type="text">MetricCollection</atom:title><sap:member-title>Metric</sap:member-title></app:collection><app:collection sap:content-version="1" href="FavouriteCollection"><atom:title type="text">FavouriteCollection</atom:title><sap:member-title>Favourite</sap:member-title></app:collection><app:collection sap:content-version="1" href="FavouriteWithRefreshCollection"><atom:title type="text">FavouriteWithRefreshCollection</atom:title><sap:member-title>FavouriteWithRefresh</sap:member-title></app:collection><app:collection sap:content-version="1" href="FavPOWLCollection"><atom:title type="text">FavPOWLCollection</atom:title><sap:member-title>FavPOWL</sap:member-title></app:collection><app:collection sap:content-version="1" href="TechSysListCollection"><atom:title type="text">TechSysListCollection</atom:title><sap:member-title>TechSysList</sap:member-title></app:collection><app:collection sap:content-version="1" href="FavoriteTSListCollection"><atom:title type="text">FavoriteTSListCollection</atom:title><sap:member-title>FavoriteTSList</sap:member-title></app:collection><app:collection sap:content-version="1" href="TechnicalSystemCollection"><atom:title type="text">TechnicalSystemCollection</atom:title><sap:member-title>TechnicalSystem</sap:member-title></app:collection><app:collection sap:content-version="1" href="ManagedObjectCollection"><atom:title type="text">ManagedObjectCollection</atom:title><sap:member-title>ManagedObject</sap:member-title></app:collection></app:workspace><atom:link rel="self" href="http://myservername.com:8000/sap/opu/odata/AIGW/TECHMON/"/><atom:link rel="latest-version" href="http://myservername.com:8000/sap/opu/odata/AIGW/TECHMON/"/></app:service>

Seems a bit to short in my opinion. The technical workcenter seems to be OK, there are no blank pages. Any suggestions?

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you hit your menu key on the blank screen and then click on 'Favorites', do you see a list of various filters (ABAP/Java/TREX/etc)?

I would upload an example from my phone, but the SCN won't allow me to insert for some bizarre reason.

MWiese
Explorer
0 Kudos

Strange, I start my Mobile App, enter my master password and see after a short loading the blank screen. If I hit the menu button, nothing happens. How can I trace such things? I think, there is some kind of misconfiguration....

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your screenshot it looks like an HTC phone, and I'm guessing 4.1 or newer for the Android version.  Can you confirm the phone?

MWiese
Explorer
0 Kudos

HTC One, Android 4.3.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So I found the following:  http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1936159  SUP itself doesn't support 4.3 yet (as of 11/06/2013), and while I have a feeling you are using gateway mode on the app to connect to SolMan directly, it could be the same issue.

In my case I tested with Android 4.1.2 on a Galaxy III, I have a HTC Evo LTE with Android 4.2.2 that I can test later today.

While not a solution for you, but a way to review the app would be to give this a try:  AndroVM blog | Running Android in a Virtual Machine  I have used it in the past for a SUP training session and it is much faster then the android emulator, and is Android 4.1.1.  No idea if the GenyMotion purchase has impacted this being a free alternative or not...

I would also open a incident with SAP to confirm if 4.3 is supported for SolMan and the Gateway component or when the next update to the app is going to be to possible support 4.3.

MWiese
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

thanks a lot for the information.

Currently we only use Netweaver Gateway to communicate with the SolMan. But you're right, It could be the same issue as of SUP

I think it's a good idea to try the Android virtual machine. If I have any results, I come back to you.

Thanks a lot and best regards

Marco

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So currently I also can't find a android 4.3 zip for my htc evo lte to confirm or deny a version issue with 4.3...I will keep checking the various roms, but its not as popular as the samsung line up 😕

MWiese
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

these are my results using Genymotion with an emulated Nexus 7 on android 4.1.1:

My settings:

Connection mode: Gateway

Server name: myservername.mydomain.com

Port 8000

User: myuser

Password: mypassword

Service Name: TECHMON

Service URL: sap/opu/odata/AIGW/TECHMON?sap-client=100

Use HTTPS: no

With these settings the app is loading and loading and loading, nothing happens!

If I change the service URL to "sap/opu/odata/AIGW/?sap-client=100" I get the following error:

Any ideas?

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My URL is different, have you tried dropping '?sap-client=100' from the string, its been a while since I performed the setup so I don't recall if I have the client defined else where...