cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering an event in SAP through SAP Adobe form Button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have one requirement to trigger an event from SAP Adobe form Script editor for the back end SAP System. My scenario is online for SAP Adobe form. Once the button is triggered in the Adobe form, the same event should be called in side the SAP System and then after some processing logic will happen and will return some value to the Adobe form text fields through context binding.

Note: I dont want to use ABAP Webdynpro for this, I am using the ISR native control button 'ISR On-Form event Button' in the layout. And I am using a BADI QISR1, which has been implemented with the Method SCENARIO_PROCESS_USER_COMMAND.

I have tried a lot but the event is not triggered in the SAP system.

In Adobe Script editor the below code has been written,

data.#subform[3].ISR_FormEventButton::enter - (FormCalc, client)

$record.CONTROL_PARAM.ISR_EVENT = "CUSTOM_EVENT"

data.#subform[3].ISR_FormEventButton::click - (JavaScript, client)

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "SAPSubmit", "", "", "", "");

this.access          = "readOnly";

Kindly guide with some suggestion so that the BADI would trigger.

Waiting for earliest reply.

Of course I would be thank full and reward points to them who would be providing the appropriate solutions.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriyash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriyash,

Check if you have followed the same process.

Creating Pushbuttons - HCM Processes and Forms - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Varun,

I have tried a lot and followed the procedure as stated in that link, but unable to trigger the BADI through submitting the event from Adobe form Javascript/Form Calc.

I dont know how should I proceed.  Still I might be be missing something. kindly guide me in detail if you have already worked on this kind of requirement.

Thanks,

Sriyash

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried replacing CUSTOM_EVENT string with USER_EVENT_CHECK in

$record.CONTROL_PARAM.ISR_EVENT = "CUSTOM_EVENT"

Thanks,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay for replying, I have tried replacing with USER_EVENT_CHECK and USER_EVENT_INITIALIZE both. But it was not working.

By the way just let me know, If I am using  USER_EVENT_CHECK then how would I recognize the event in MY BADI method. Bcz I am using 'SEARCH' as event.

If you have really worked on this requirement then kindly explain the detail procedure. I think I am missing some mandatory activities due to which its not working.

If you will see this link, http://scn.sap.com/thread/375374, Smitha has achieved the requirement successfully. Where she has told that the problem has been solved by rectifying the Layout type and Cotrol type in the Adobe form. I have tried all the alternatives for Layout types and Control types in the form layout, but nothing has worked out.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Sriyash

0 Kudos

Hi Sriyash,

I had worked in HCM P&F couple of years back and I recall we use the USER_EVENT_CHECK as this is the event the framework uses for triggering the round trip to Backend Service classes.  If you are using PCR forms, I am not sure of it.

Thanks,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

The adobe form is not designed for Portal. It is normal interactive form which would be accessed in the SAP transaction itself. And I am trying to do some functionality based on the button clicked in the form.

Kindly let me know whether I can use ISR native controls for this requirement or not. If not is there any way to achieve the below requirement ?

Requirement is, User will run a SAP transaction which will call the adobe form. Inside the form if user will input an employee number online and clicks a button let's say 'Search'. And the form will be filled with employee details in the subsequent text fields of the form.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sriyash

Answers (0)