Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test SDCC_OSS shows "Name or password is incorrect"

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

It seems that after I enable gw/reg_info = 1 and add application servers in reginfo.dat files, RFC SDCC_OSS connection failed always.

I have read note 763561 and I know client = 001, user = SDCC_NEW and password = DOWNLOAD but I test several times and it always failed.

I try the same procedure in QA2 and SOLMAN and it works so it is not possible that "name and password is REALLY INCORRECT".

What should I do? Should I add <saprouter> in the reginfo.dat?

------

Target System: OSS

Msg. Server: /H/<saprouter>/S/sapdp99/H/194.117.106.129/sapdp99/H/oss001

Group: EWA

client = 001, user = SDCC_NEW and password = DOWNLOAD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee

Kindly refer the SAP Note  1867994  - S User ID not Authorized for SDCC_OSS

Regards

Sriram

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

I use note 763561 and recreate a new SDCC_OSS and it works.

"To recreate SDCC_OSS please follow this path:

SDCCN -> Goto->Settings-> Task Specific -> RFC destinations

-> Change Mode -> Create destination to SAPNet R/3 Frontend"

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your are correct about the details of the note 763561 but read this.

As of 720 kernel, registration of external server program is controlled by profile parameters gw/acl_mode, gw_reg_info and gw/sec_info.
For security reasons, SAP has made it mandatory to use gw/reg_info and gw/sec_info to allow any external program to get registered on host.
So, entries of the host wanting to register program in gateway, has to be maintained in the file reg_info and sec_info.

Location of these files is maintained using gw/reg_info and gw/sec_info profile parameter.

If the files are created without any entries, then no external server is allowed to register external programs. If files are created then entries for the servers has to be maintained.

If the files are not created, then parameter gw/acl_mode can be used to control registration of external programs on the system.
gw/acl_mode = 0 will allow registration of external server program
gw/acl_mode = 1 will not allow registration of external server programs and you need to maintain reg_info and sec_info files.

More information about the same can be found in below SAP notes :
Note 1408081 - Basic settings for reg_info and sec_info
Note 1069911 - GW: Changes to the ACL list of the gateway (reginfo)

Thanks

Rishi Abrol