cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM, Extend Scope, Solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After triggering extend scope action in RFC, if approvers select Reject in Approval assignment block, then RFC will not get rejected, instead its status changes to "Being Implemeted" (which is the status set when CD gets created from RFC).

Is it a bug ? How do we reject RFC after withdrawing all the CDs generated from it.

Thanks,

Ankit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankit,

Your original post seems to indicate that you: 1) approve a RFC, 2) create a CD by setting to Released for Development, and 3) complete the CD which should put the RFC in Implemented status. Then you 4) Extend the Scope but decide to 5) reject, not approve the extension/new CD. If this is the case, you shouldn't reject the RFC since you already have an approved/completed CD. If you reject the new CD, this causes the RFC status is set to Released for Development (which seems wrong - should go back to Implemented),

An alternative would be to go ahead and approve the extension/new CD and then go ahead and set the RFC to Release for Development, creating the new CD. Then the CD can be withdrawn which should put the RFC correctly back to Implemented status.

I think you've discovered a bug since you can cancel a scope extension (RFC status correctly goes back to Implemented) and should also be able reject the new change document with the RFC status also going back to Implemented.

Kindest regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

After I have got CD created, I find that I no longer want this change, so I withdraw CD.

But when CD is withdrawn, status of RFC remains "Being Implemented". Its status has to be set to Rejected for reporting purpose since CD is no longer valid.

But to reject RFC, i did extend scope and tries to Reject RFC in approval process. But even after rejection, RFC status remains Bein Implemented and not changing to Rejected.

So, seems Raquel solution is feasible now ,

Thanks,

Ankit

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

yes, it's a design fault.

When a SMCR is in the status E0012 "To be Approved" the result status of the Approval Assignment block is triggered by IMG activity SOLMAN_CHUI_CONTROL "Define status change depending on approval result".

This activity differentiates between approvals / rejections with existing and without existing follow up documents.

Let's concentrate on rejection. In the standard we have:

SMCR NOFOW_RJ (no follow up documents and approval is rejected) -> Status E0003 (which is exaggerate, IMHO it should be E0014 validation for a second try)

SMCR FOLL_REJ (there are follow up documents and approval is rejected) -> Status E0015 (Being Implemented).

Now the latter case is typical for a scope extension.

BUT:

PPF-Action SMCR_EXTEND_SCOPE has the schedule condition "In

Implementation or Implemented" and therefore this action is offered when the SMCR is in status E0005 "Implemented" too.

Status E0005 is set automatically by the status dependand action SET_PREDOC of the follow up documents which reach production.

Now, when you reject such a scope extension, the SMCR goes into status E0015 "Being Implemented" and pitifully there are no active follow up documents which will switch via SET_PREDOC the status to E0005 implemented.

Thus the SMCR will stay there all for all eternity until a whining user doesn't go to the admin asking for a run of the service report.

Really poor design!

Best Regards

Riccardo

PS.

The PPF action Cancel Approval would restore the old status, but the user rejects, this is a different situation.

Imagine you have a CAB approval and one of the many rejects...

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good news!

SAP has solved this issue with note 1991162 http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1991162 !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riccardo,

But Note is not yet released

Thanks,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to reject RFC/CR after Extend Scope ???

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

once Rfc is approved and generate the change document, particular change document not able to reject. because it generate the change document.

So if you try the extend scope only able to approve/ reject the new change document, not effect the already approved the CD.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for reply.

Agreed, but what if we later on withdraw CD and now since CD is withdrawn , so we don't want RFC to be in Being Implemented status and wants to reject it as CD no longer valid ???

Thanks,

Ankit

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When all the change documents of an RFC are withdrawn, the RFC has the status changed to "Validation". It allows you to reject it definitely if you don't need it anymore, or to create new change documents.

If the RFC is in status "Extend Scope" when you withdraw the change documents, it will also automatically have the status changed to "Validation".

In both cases, you need to configure the "Specify Status Settings for Preceding Document" in IMG. For each of the Change documents, in status E0010 (withdrawn), set the preceding document (in my case os ZMCR) to E0014 (Validation).

See the pictures attached.

Regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raquel.

Will definately try this.

Regards,

Ankit