cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination-Issue after partial Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are using material determination functionality in our project.

The reason for substitution here is non availability of stock of ordered material, because of which system seeks the stock of substitute material.

The way we have configured is: When material is entered in sales ordered, system check stocks of entered material, if available partially provides the available stock & seeks for substitute material, where even if partial stock for substitute material is available, one more line is created for this material.

This line created as a sub item.

The order items look as under:

10)     5893343     50.000     EA    

20)     5893343     09.000     EA    

30)     5893653     03.000     EA    

10)  Is entered item.

20)  Entered item available stock

30)  Substitute item available stock

At this point of time when we create partial delivery  for  line item and later when we upload the stock for entered item, availability check cannot be carried out in the order, since all the items become grey out.

This is a very critical issue in our case. Kindly suggest some solution of go ahead.

Thanks in advance

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Phanikumar,

I don'd think validity period is the issue,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Phanikumar,

I want to use material determination for using alternate material, when stock of original material entered is not available and stock of alternate material is available. I am facing issue after creating partial delivery document where material availability check is not functioning and we are also not able to edit the quantity since that line item is grayed out.

Thanks,

Yogesh

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply and have you tried with validity periods for material determination?

Note: this can be possible only---If you are aware of "when the material entered will be available""

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxhmipathi,

This have been achieved by standard configuration. I am facing issue once I create delivery.

Thanks,

Yogesh

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yogesh,

As the client can tell you when the Material entered can be uploaded in stock--so you can take those days as validity periods for material determination.

Note:System will deactivate or go to display the line items whenever any proceeding document exists.

My doubt is why are you following Material determination WHEN YOU YOU ARE HAVING STOCK OF MATERIAL ENTERED.

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

even if partial stock for substitute material is available, one more line is created for this material

Can you let me know whether the above is achieved via standard configuration or customization ?   From the way you had explained, I feel, the requirement is addressed via customization in which case,

since all the items become grey out

can also be addressed.

G. Lakshmipathi

EmilieBernard
Newcomer
0 Kudos

hello,

Could you please explain if you have fix this issue ?

Regard