cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No commenting or rating on blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SCN support team,

several community members have told me on twitter that they were unable to comment on my blog post http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/blog/2013/11/28/so-long-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish. rating doesn't work either. This includes SAP Mentors, so it's not their status. And yes commenting is allowed on the blog (and I was able to leave myself a comment). And yes, I have tried turning it off and on again...

Could you please check what is going wrong

thanks

--juergen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

I've fixed the permission for registered user to the . Commenting etc. should be possible (again).

Best,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Oliver, commenting works now

--juergen

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The records we keep show that was set to read-only recently. probable knows more about this.

brianbernard
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Not sure why this happened. Perhaps knows something about this.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

brianbernard
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Come to think of it, this was by design.

The ability to contribute at the top level was turned off on purpose, I'm assuming because "Developer Center" as such isn't about a certain topic/product/technology.

Why should we change it now? Especially in this time of transition.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Might be worth noting that the same behaviour applies for the document posted in the same space:

I thought it was Juergen trying to avoid about a billion SCN points from all the developers on SCN rating the news as AWESOME! but it may be something related to the settings on this particular space?

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think might help us since he recently helped me with a similar issue. My guess is that the entire space is configured read-only so commenting/rating isn't possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, seems to be space-wide permissions. There are not a lot of comments to documents in this space overall, and all comments seem to come from our team...

, to the rescue...

--juergen