Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Service Request Management:Option to create a incident or a Service Request

ashutosh_bhanage
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in the process of implementing Incident Management and Service Request Management in our environment. My question is, can we get an option if a service request would be created or a Incident would be created when I create a "support message".

I will try to explain in a bit of detail.

In the transaction DNO_CUST04 I have configured two transaction types viz ZMRQ(Custom Service Request) and ZMIN(Custom Incident Management) for Field name PROCESS_TYPE(Which determines what is the type of message that would be created).

Now when i create a support message as follows

Since ZMRQ and ZMIN have been configured for the field name PROCESS_TYPE, I was expecting the user would get a choice if a service request was to be created or incident was to be created. But this doesnt happen. PROCESS_TYPE with higher priority gets created(In this case a service request)

Can I control this. Can I have a choice what type of message get created.??

Regards,

Ash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

Service Request are created via SOLMANREQU role in sm_crm transaction by end user

http://www.service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001015362012

you can't customize like above shown in your screenshots but rather need to configure like below

You can have multiple transaction types for incident management but then for getting option need to implement BADI.

Check below my reply on your other query how to maintain correct entry for incident management

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3462531

Regards

Prakhar

ashutosh_bhanage
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thank you for your responses. Can you please let me know where can I find a config guide to create a BADI for getting this option for  transaction types??

Regards,

Ash

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

for implementing BADI you need follow generic ABAP procedure...thus no guide for this

The BADI name is SBCOS001

All the Best

Regards

Prakhar

ashutosh_bhanage
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar,

Will keep you posted about how did i go.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Also you can try the below quick step also

Go to solman_setup  -> IT service Managemnet -> step 2.2 Maintain transcation type -> Edit -> goto Channel row -> drop down it and change to "None" for SMDT and maintain CRMUI for ZMIN and check it.

It will not show the option during incident creation.Directly create the incident message.

Rg,

Karthik