cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIA not start

Former Member

Dear Expert

I have restart our BOBJ 4.1 sp1 server under windows

after restart SIA service not start in CCM it stopped ( Tomcate service and database service started) when I goto to

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging

it's update or generate file with the name RMEAPROODEV006_jvm_3104.log

---

JVMX version - Oct 31 2012 10:44:56 - 61_REL - optU - windows amd64 - 6 - bas2:182728 (mixed mode)

Now: 2013-11-29 02:19:34, PID: 3104

hostname: rMEAPROODEV006, current dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64

---

Exception in thread "main"

i am unable to understand what happend how to resolved this issue please guide me

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205194
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid, Everyone,

I believe this issue would have been already fixed. Its been a long time now. However, I happened to face exactly the same issue over this weekend. I would like to share my experience and the steps taken to fix it. Hopefully, it helps someone in the future.

Issue Detail :

We did a repair of the Design Studio 1.6 BIP add-on and redeployed the webapps as required.

When we tried restarting the SIA, it was not coming up. We could see exactly the same error as mentioned by Shahid. The error msg was in the file called "servername_jvm_xxxx.log" under the \logging\ folder.

Analysis & Resolution :

1) No error msgs found in the Event Viewer logs

2) Added tracing for the SIA in CCM (-trace xs), but no logs were getting generated

3) Happened to come across SAP note 1840756, it was similar to our issue.

4) Everytime, we tried starting the SIA, it created 2 files -

a. servername_jvm_xxxx.log (which had the error msg)

b. servername_gc.log (which was empty)

5) We checked the size of the java folders in not-working machine (machine) and another machine where SIA was running (machineB)

6) As we were getting "Exception in thread main", it was quite possible that certain java/jar files were missing as mentioned in the SAP note above.

7) number of objects (files & folders) under java\lib\ folder in machineA & machine B were different

Machine A had less number of objects (probably caused by the repair installation)

😎 Renamed the java\lib\ folder in machine A to java\lib_backup

9) copied the java\lib folder from MachineB to machineA

10) SIA started working

Hope this helps someone in the future !

Regards,

Monish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monish - thanks!  This was exactly the problem I was having and your solution fixed it!  Much appreciated.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check Note 1951035, it worked for me, I applied the solution as if my computer were 64 and 32 bits (both) as I had to install JavaAccessBridge Manually.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, make sure that (because you are talking about a BI4.1 update) you do not have the infamous MS C++ issue as explained for example in 's article here http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49453

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look in the Windows Event Viewer application logs to see if any errors exist.  Another option would be to enable the SIA trace from the CCM.  If you double click on the SIA when its stopped, you can add a -trace to the command line to enable the trace.  The logs may give you a better idea of why its not starting.  One main cause can beIf the port is in use for the SIA, usually 6410. If its in use, then it won't be able to start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear prasad,

Thanks for reply our developer repair client tool from ( control panel ----  program ) after 3 days I resatrt system after restart system SIA not start I repair BOBJ server from ( control panel ----  program ) now BOBJ server started and ervery think working except clietn tool ( IDT  Webi rich client etc ) with following error

" The Information Designing tool executable launcher was unable to locate its companion launcher jar"

one more query if I uninstalled client tool in BOBJ server what impact on the BOBJ server files ( because when developer repair client tool SIA not start after BOBJ system restart)

please guide me how to resolved above issue

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most of the Times, when we install/uninstall the client tools in the server we will have issues with the web apps. they needs to redeployed.

In your case, you are having issue with the SIA. Hence we need find the exact cause.

please try this and let me know if you find any errors

1) Start the SIA

2)Look in the Windows Event Viewer application logs to see if any errors exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad Thanks for reply

I repair my BOBJ from control panel --- program ---- BO server and repair it now my BOBJ server start but IDT not working then I copy Information Design Tool folder from QAS ( C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0)

Now IDT also working but Webi Rich client still not working Rich clint logs say's

**ERROR:wicdz_client:RegOpenKeyEx failed : Access is denied.

[wicdz_client.cpp;190]

JavaHelpers.cpp:169:void __thiscall JavaHelpersCore::JVMRunnerCore::traceException(void): TraceLog message 2

|7f234972-ebde-5ea4-da7f-f728c273bad3|2013 12 02 08:35:59:375|+0000|Error| |>>|E| |WebIRichClient| 9232|4768|| |0|0|0|0|-|-|-|-|-|-||||||||||||**ERROR:jhelpers:CallStaticVoidMethod: EXCEPTION. [JavaHelpers.cpp;169]

wicdz_client.cpp:1147:int __stdcall WinMain(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,char *,int): TraceLog message 3

|0728c787-1386-e124-f967-76ad1af8c352|2013 12 02 08:35:59:376|+0000|Error| |>>|E| |WebIRichClient| 9232|4768|| |0|0|0|0|-|-|-|-|-|-||||||||||||**ERROR:wicdz_client:Exception caught : JVMException : the JVM has stopped with pending exception [wicdz_client.cpp;1147]

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is the issue presently occurring for the clients tools only now in the server. If yes, We would need to try a repair and I believe it should never mess the server components which unfortunately I am not sure what happended earlier.

Additionally, SAP does not recommend to keep the Client and server contents in the same server box. It would be best to install client tools in a client  box and use the same to perform development activities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One impotent thing that my client tool also installed in BOBJ server and 3 days before my developer repair client tool from control panel programs after that today I restart server and now SIA not start I read I link

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=200995&sid=1adb7c50de913f2f571d46c2e2b3e8e9

He also face same issue after repair BO server it's SIA started again

my query is what about our development also it loost ?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

One impotent thing that my client tool also installed in BOBJ server and 3 days before my developer repair client tool from control panel programs after that today I restart server and now SIA not start I read I link

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=200995&sid=1adb7c50de913f2f571d46c2e2b3e8e9

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

regards