cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in getting some live project examples for ChaRM impementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are implementing ChaRM solution in our project. Technically we have implemented ChaRM but at the same time we need to know flow for Implementation project and Maintenance project.

Could you please point me to some place where I can get live examples of projects where ChaRM is implemented to understand the Change and Release Management functionality.

I went through SAP documents where it has only high level information.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sample example can be...

A project with 5 system landscape with systems connected as

DEV1 -> QUA1 -> DEV2 -> QUA2 -> PROD

DEV1 will be used for Rollout development. For the implementation project the transport movement will be DEV1->QUA1->DEV2->QUA2-> PROD

DEV2 will be used for Support. For the Maintenance project the transport movement will be DEV2->QUA2->PROD

* Changes related to Support will be retrofitted to DEV1 and then moved forward...

Regards,

Abhishek Jolly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haridas,

Use team member Prakhar's links. i will just add a little:

Projects itself has 2 obejcts task list anc cycle, by task list you perform all basis activities such as import Transports from DEV to QAS and so on.

The Cycle is a crm document or business transaction, with standard phases ( same for Impl and Maint). Each Phase has own possibilities and restriction for Task list and Change Documents that linked to cycle.

Just read a bit and test.

Rg Dan

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haridas

TEAM wow.....somebody calling distributed experts across the globe a team.

yes we all are a single team united to help to each other ...with SCN platform.

For your query

Normal Corrections are used for Implementation projects

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp10/helpdata/en/48/db938dceba518de10000000a42189c/content.htm?fram...

Urgent and normal corrections both are used for Maintenance Project

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp10/helpdata/en/48/db8900a73b04e7e10000000a42189c/content.htm?fram...

let us know if you need more help

Regards

Prakhar