Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of Authorization Concept 3.5 to 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know that the authorization concept in NW7.0 gets completely obsolete and cannot be any further retained in NW7.3.

Our team need some guide to follow as an Authorization Migration Strategy, for that we need your help.

Let me explain our scenario.

1. We have a server with BI NW 7.0.
  2. We have other server with BI NW 7.31.

Our plan is transporting all infoobjet, infoprovider, etc of server 1  to server 2, but the security in server 1 is based with Reporting Authorization concept, the old authorization concept in NW 7.0

So, here my doubts:

A) It's possible transporting all the security of server 1 (Reporting Authorization concept ) to server 2 with BI NW7.31 and after migrate the security by the options in t-code rsecadmin:

Extra menu.

- Migration:release 7.0 -> Release 7.3

if not possible,

B) We must migrate first the security with Reporting Authorization concept with the RSEC_MIGRATION program  to the new authorization concept in server 1 and after transporting to the server 2 (NW 7.3) and after migrate by the options in t-code rsecadmin:

Extra menu.

- Migration:release 3.x -> Release 7.3

Please, guide us with some authorization strategy to follow.

Ramon Sanchez

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

eyyy thanks a lot S Siram.

Regards

Ramon Sanchez