cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Mail Message custom Tokens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have a requirement to add vendor details in the standard mail template "New Collaborator added to a document for a Master agreement" , so that collaborators can know about the vendor through mail itself and I tried to achieve it by adding  standard token "Vendor_Name" , but since its not a global token , system is throwing error.

Now to overcome that I thought of using custom mail message templates and custom tokens , but guess custom tokens can only be populated with help of custom scripts though they can be added to any mail type in mail config directly which I feel is of not much use if its the case.

Is there a way to populate them or I achieve my requirement without a custom mail.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

We had a similar requirement and the only way to get this fulfilled is through custom email templates that are avaiable from CLM version 7 SP3 onwards. However, it might of interest to know that even though you achive displaying the vendor name in the email notification, you might really want to give it a second thought since there are 2 emails that go out - one the standard email and the other is a custom email that you scripted for.  I do not know if there is a way to stop the standard email from going out. I tried but failed. Now our system shoots out 2 emails which is redudant and the users might also end up being confused looking at 2 emails for the same contract that they are added as collaborators.

If you find any way to stop the standard email going out, then please do let me know.

Regards,

Bindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

We had a similar problem, sending email to collaborator.

For this we have used one flag(initially it is false) and we have hidden this check box using page customization.

When ever the email triggers first time, the flag will become true and it stops second time email triggering.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

I did not quite understand what you meant. How do you know if the custom email was triggered first or the standard email? We do not want to stop any email in random, rather want to stop the standard out-of-the-box notification only and let custom notifications trigger.

Also, how does setting this boolean flag to true stop the email from trigerring? Is there some logic or code that you wrote to check the flag and stop notification? If that was the case, is there a way to stop standard notification from being sent out too?

Please do let me know

Regards,

Bindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

Our requirement was "when a Master agreement comes to executed status, it should send a mail to specific collaborator".Initially we have implemented the custom email template and it was sending email to collaborator every time when we modify that master agreement.To over come that we have created one flag.The code snippet is as follows.

Master Agreement on create script :

doc.getExtensionField("flagname").set(false);

Master Agreement Validation Script :

if(doc.getExtensionField("flagname").get().equals(false))

{

write here custom email sending logic.

- - - - - -

- - - - - -

doc.getExtensionField("flagname").set(true);

}

In your case stopping the standard out-of-the-box notification, you can try these steps.

setup -->system setup --> mail configurations --> select your company specific mail configurations --> here search for "collaborator added for new document" or "collaborator added by user" for these two configurations set internal action and external action as "delete".

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Krish