cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not getting copied from changed ship to party in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have  sales order item text determination configured. The text is copied as follows.

From sold to party : sales area data

from ship to party :- general data.

The ship to party is A in sales order and text is copied from ship to party A master data to sales order.

However when ship to party is changed to B in sales order , the text which is created  for " B" ship to party is  not copied to sales order item  level (neither before save  nor after save )

Why so ? In the access sequence maintained for sales order  item text determination, we have first text object as VBBP and relevant text id  and then we have KNA1 and relevant text id from customer master  (with partner function SH) in the config.

What should be done to copy the text of new ship to party in sales order ? (when ship to party is changed in main over view screen, it gets als changed at item level but still text from new ship to B is not getting copied in sales order )

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Refer the Notes 1927107 & 380507, which says that there is no partner re-determination & hence may be the text has to be re-entered manually.

Regards,

Umesh

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can only guess that text copying is just not triggered when you change the ship-to. You might want to send a message to SAP about this. Either they will respond that it's the design or fix it or provide some workaround, depends on your luck.

If it's the SAP intended design they you'd have to implement an enhancement / user exit.

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configuration what u discuss is looking correct.

Generally we were doing mistake in maintaining access sequence but here i am seeing correct.

1st. I have doubt on ship to party. whichever ship to party u maintain here. That is same which u maintain with your account group.

2nd. Check access sequence assign properly to your Text Id in Text Procedure.

start from root. u will get fault.