cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Error: Function module "/IWBEP/FM_MGW_READ_ENTITYSET" not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After transporting into our "next-system", we got the Error Message: "RFC Error: Function module "/IWBEP/FM_MGW_READ_ENTITYSET" not found", and according to this post written by Krishna  (http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-gateway/blog/2013/08/09/frequent-problems-encountered-in-netw...)

I done the checks mentioned:

Go to transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE

Here I an see my service points at the right destination.

In SPRO I go to the system alias, and I can see that:

"FOr Local App" is checked

"RFC Destination" is correct.

"Software Version" is "Default"

"System" and "ID" is correct.

Then I go to the "Manage RFC destinations" in SPRO.

I noted the RFC destination from above, and double click on the connection.

Make a connection test, and it went OK.

Then I tried the other parts, as mentioned in the article:

/IWFND/ERROR_LOG - just show me the same error

/IWFND/APPS_LOG - tells me that it is an RFC error

/IWBEP/ERROR_LOG + /IWBEP//VIEW_LOG does not tell me anything,as it is empty.

When I debug, I got into method: /IWCOR/IF_REST_HANDLER~HANDLE (/IWCOR/CL_DS_HDLR_ROOT)

I can see my mv_svc_resolution_type is equal to '3'

IF mv_svc_resolution_type = gc_svc_by_segment_1_and_2 AND  lv_service_namespace IS INITIAL.

RAISE EXCEPTION TYPE /iwcor/cx_ds_not_found.

ENDIF.

Further I have found this http://scn.sap.com/thread/3223673 + http://scn.sap.com/thread/3447439 but that didn't help me further.

Anyone who can help me?

Thanks,

Aikon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

devender_goyal2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars,

We were getting the same kind of issue where alias was picking up the wrong rfc destination which came with the system refresh. but somehow didn't got changed with bdls.

I was looking for the steps to change the alias configuration which is being used by the server IWFND.

I corrected the alias at

SPRO - SAP NetWeaver -gateway - O Data Channel - Configurarion - Connection Settings - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - Manage SAP System aliases

put the correct system details. and worked fine.

Regards,

Devender

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am going to assume two things over here

1) NW Gateway is deployed in the "Central Hub" deployment manner

2) The IW_BEP and IW_FND components reside on the same NW Gateway instance/client which is different than the SAP Backend client

If both of the above two statements are true then carry out the following steps

1) Check the views /IWFND/V_DFSYAL and  /IWFND/V_MGDPIM. Both of these views must have entries for the oDATA services that you have transported. If they are not present then transport these entries first into the target system and then try to execute your oDATA service

2) If Step 1 does not resolve your issue then please implement SAP Note 1805866 and then try again. Also it would be advisable if you can apply the latest notes onto your SAP NW Gateway system.Once this is done please try to invoke your oDATA service to see whether it works or not.

3) If step 2 does not resolve your issue then please clear the Cache at NW Gateway system, both for IW_FND and IW_BEP components. Then try to execute the oDATA service.

4) If step 3 does not resolve your issue then in NW Gateway client execute your service with the

?sap-ds-debug=true

appended at the end of oDATA service. This will give you some 4-5 tabs in the NW Gateway Client. In the last tab there will be a trace of all the methods invoked. Go through those methods and find out where the code is failing. It would be better if you do this step in both the origin system, from where your TRs were created and also in the Target system, where your TRs were imported into. This will give you a good idea on how to debug the issue.

Let us know how it goes

Have a nice day

Amardeep Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amardeep

1)

Both IW_FND and GW_CORE are in an SAP NetWeaver Gateway system, and not in ECC backend, and I guess that is the "Central Hub" deployment manner.

2)

IW_FND and GW_CORE are in Gateway on both development and q system.

/IWFND/V_DFSYAL

Is the same in both Development and Q

/IWFND/V_MGDPIM

Is NOT the same - here I am missing all my models in Q environment.

How do I transport that properly, and why wasn't these changes in the normal transport?

Thanks

Aikon

Message was edited by: L Aikon

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aikon,

If you can tell us landscape it will be usefull.

- Where is your BEP? ( MPC DPC Classes / SEGW)

- Where did you register the Service? (/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE)

- RFC destination in IWFND points to which system?

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna
We have installed IW_BEP in Gateway system, and not in the backend.

In development we can get data, but not after transport to Q environment.

In transaction SE24 (in both GW and backend) I can find the MPC and DPC classes

The remote logon, and connection test in both GatewayDEV and GatewayQ is OK.

In /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE points to the backend, and when I click twice on the system alias, I can test the connection, and it works fine.

In SPRO - SAP NetWeaver - O Data Channel - Configurarion - Connection Settings - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - Manage SAP System aliases

The SAP system alias is marked as "For Local App". Is that correct? (the settings are the same as in Development).

Regards

Aikon

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we compare our Development system and Q system (where we have the problem), then we can see a difference in RFC connections.

In Development system we have a RFC connection named "RFC Destination for WSIL service".
Connection type H (HTTP Connection to ABAP System)
That RFC destination doesn't exist in Q system.
Could that be the issue?

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aikon,

"In transaction SE24 (in both GW and backend) I can find the MPC and DPC classes"

This statement worries me. These classes should be available only in one system.

Is this the case in both Dev and Quality System?

Also can you look at this thread once.? http://scn.sap.com/message/14557848#14557848

I believe he was in the same boat as you are.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

My information was wrong. The MPC and CPC classes are only in the GW system. Sorry for that.

Regards
Aikon

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Few things to check were

- Local App checkbox checked - you got it done

- RFC of backend mentioned in System Alias - you got it done

This RFC destination has to be of type 3. (not HTTP)

So everything looks good to me.

Now I have a doubt that you may not have BEP component on your Hub in Quality. Can you verify?

Can you check that your Dev and Quality landscapes look the same?

Thanks

Krishna