cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Report in Agentry on Windows Mobile Device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

How can i specify Bluetooth port (ex: COM2) for Zebra Mobile Printer on Agentry Editor ? Agentry Test Environment gives a print out because ATE provides a printer selection pop-up, unlike Motorola MC65 Windows CE.

Native developers are using Zebra SDK for Windows CE and they specify port programmaticly but what should i do on Eclipse ??

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Serkan,

I'm really clear with your question. Can you please explain in detail as what your  trying to do with port ?  How is ATE provding printer selection  ?   There is no option on Agentry Editor to specify Mobile printer port.      Once bluetooth printer is paired with windows device i don't think you need to specify port explictly.

Thanks

Manju - RIG Mobility

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is how ATE provides a print selection. Bluetooth printer is paired with the device but it does not supply a  printer selection.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There are two real things in play here.  The ATE is simply calling the built in Windows print functionality so if the printer isn't listed it is more of a winodws issue rather than an agentry issue.  If windows sees the bluetooth printer as a printer then it should display in the print dialog.

On a winCE device I don't believe there is the equivalent of the print dialog to pick a printer.  Again the OS is what would be controlling that.

As a result, on projects where we integrated bluetooth printers we used a helper application to send the actual data to the printer over the com port using the Zebra print language.  This could be accomplished by creating a text file on the device with data and even commands embedded for the helper application to read and send to the printer.

Not ideal but given the limitations of the OS probably the best solution.

--Bill

Answers (0)