cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM:Business approval before Go-live in Normal Change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am working on Normal change with CR, we customized 3 levels of approvals for CR (This is fine).

In Normal Change after Successfully Tested next step is Go-live, IT Operator will move changes into production system.

But we are looking for a approval step before Go-live i.e before moving into production system, how can we set a Business approval sign step here before go-live.

Can we include this approval step in CR or Normal Change ?. and please give me the outline how it work and flow.

Rgd

gsr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gsr,

As suggested by Jansi & Dan you can go with QGM & ChaRM to have more control.

If you are using SP10 you can think of using status dependent import functionality for Normal change. You can have your own status say Authorized for production , status on which import will happen.

I have not tried this. But I assume it should work, if you are using SP10

Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik/Jansi/Dan/PK

Thanks for all of your suggesstions.

As of now we are going with Normal change switch to maintenance phase from "Test" to "Go-Live" consider has approval for PRD.

Regards

GSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gsr,

Fine. Best choice you have chooses.

Rg,

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if you need a proper business approval process, QGM is the best option, where all the change manager and CAB all involved works very similar to the approval procedure,check

but if you want more simple, just to pause the flow try out by creation one more action after successfully tested check out

Change Request Management (ChaRM) - How to enhance the standard workflow - SAP IT Service Managem...

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gsr,

You can do this by Quality Gate Management with Charm.

In addition to what Karthik said, when QGM and CHARM both active all phase switch will be controlled by Q-Gates, expect Go-Live phase.

In Go-live Preparation phase Change Manager switch to Go-live now Basis team cannot schedule import to PRD before Quality Gate for PRD will be passed.

Passing this Q-Gate you can put here Business approval

I recommend do not make additional statuses or actions. Keep the standard here and all gone be ok with your CHARM.

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gsr,

In normal change switch to maintenance phase from "Test" to "Go-Live" consider has approval for PRD . This will be done by change manager.

So once the change manager change the phase, basis team will schedule the set of TR's to PRD system.So it will not have any control in the single change document level( Normal change), it control whole project cycle in the task list.

So even if you will create new action in the normal change for Business approval will not have any effect to control the PRD import.because once the change manager change the phase to " Go-Live" , the Basis team able to schedule  the import in the PRD. Once the Basis team schedule the import in the task list , all the TR's waiting in the PRD stms buffer queue will start the import , it will not import change document wise, it import all the transport in the PRD queue. i.e.. if you created 20 normal change and having 150 TR's. like 100 TR's waiting in the PRD queue, all the 100 TR's will start the import in the PRD.

So if you created the approval action in the normal change , business team needs to approve the all the normal change ( like 20 normal change) before change manager change phase to "Go-Live". Also it is pain full activities.

So better check the requirement and add the approval action in normal change.

Rg,

Karthik