cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSDL 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Not sure this is the right spot because we actually do not use PI.

My problem is, that I want to consume a outside Web Service and I cannot generate a ABAP proxy Client from the offered WSDL document (version 2.0)

If I understand correctly, SAP only supports WSDL up to 1.1 and furthermore SAP does not support the full range of the XML language.

This could be the root of my problem I get errors because of this.

Question 1: Is this assumption correct?

The proposed solution is that I should do some rework on the original WSDL document, like remove the statements SAP cannot handle.

Question 2: Is there an example or a list of whicht statements in the WSDL 2.0 SAP cannot handle.

Question 3: What is the bare minimum on statements a WSDL document should contain for SAP to generate it into an ABAP Proxy Class?

Maybe it is for me a good starting point for building the WSDL up correctly?

At present, only WSDL documents in Document style are supported during generation of the Web service client proxy. A proxy cannot be

generated in the Object Navigator for a WSDL document in RPC style.

The ABAP server as Web service server, on the other hand, supports both forms, so if the Web service client is suitable, you can generate a Web service client proxy using a WSDL in Document style or RPC style.

Question 4: Above remarks were made in 2006 - is this still valid? And what exacly is meant by document style?

I would appriciate any help on this,

Thanks in advance - kind regards,

Mike Derksema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Question 1: Is this assumption correct?

Your assumption is correct, but i think that SAP supports wsdl 1.2, with restrictions of course. About 2.0 i dont know excatly if is supported.

Question 2: Is there an example or a list of whicht statements in the WSDL 2.0 SAP cannot handle.

You can start with this https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/de/705c3c3806af06e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Question 3: What is the bare minimum on statements a WSDL document should contain for SAP to generate it into an ABAP Proxy Class?

This is a weird question, the WSDL need to works properly, i think this is the basic property to can generate an ABAP proxy.

Question 4: Above remarks were made in 2006 - is this still valid? And what exacly is meant by document style?

Check this note 1358647  - Corrections in conversion from RPC to Document style WSDLs

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wondering... Is somehow Transaction SM59 invloved when one is trying to generate a Proxy Client Class from a WSDL document ?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

i had recently to do a few web-services prototypes in fresh ECC machine. I didnt anything in the SM59 transaction, i needed only a few configurations in SICF and SOAMANAGER transactions.

Regards.

Answers (0)