Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProject 4.5 and CATS integration

former_member1201947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having cProject version 4.5 and SAP ECC 6.0 (components SAP_APPL 605 & SAP_HR 600) in same system and same client

I am trying to map cProject and CATS integration for task confirmations and carried out following things

1) Defined "Time Recording for Task using CATS" in confirmation section of project type in configuration

2) Created project with this project type and assigned roles and resources to its tasks (defined work and start & finish dates for task-resource assignment)

3) Accounting integration is active and WBS Elements are assigned (automatically) to its tasks after setting status "Transfer" on project

4) Personnel number is assigned to business partner (this business partner is used in staffing of project role and further assignment to task)

5) Data entry profile is set up specifically for cProject defining "with worklist" and "from project assignment"

When I run CAT2 transaction using above mentioned personnel number and DEP, I did not found any line item in worklist for confirmation of hours

Then I search for SAP notes and found two SAP notes related to this problem #913347 and #1258454

Out of them, 913347 can not be implemented in my system and 1258454 is implemented

Request you to kindly suggest to resolve this problem

Thanks and Regards,

Mayur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

Although I am sure you must have checked, but just asking have you released the project?

Regards,

Runjhun

former_member1201947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Runjhun,

Thanks for reply.....Yes, I have also released project and ultimately relevant task

Regards,

Mayur

former_member1201947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Request you to kindly give your valuable inputs on this issue.....I am really stuck and not able to get through

One more input on this -

I have created WBS Elements per phase in cProject (till level 2) which means same WBS Element get assigned to all tasks falling under that phase. Would that be a problem?

Another thing, as per SAP help, CATS and cProject integration works with EHP3 onwards. But in my system logistics component (SAP_APPL) is 605 and HR component (SAP_HR) is 600. In that case do I need to upgrade SAP_HR to 603?

Your inputs will really help before taking any crucial decision

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Mayur

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

Check whether the WBS is released.

former_member1201947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for reply....Yes, WBS is already released

Best Regards,

Mayur

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

If WBS is also released, then you may have some problem in CATS Data entry profile.

Have you tickmarked 'With Worklist' & 'From project assignment' in DEP?

If possible, share the DEP screenshots.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member1201947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for attempting to help me out

This problem is get resolved hence I am closing this thread

Solution - I was assigining personnel number created in HR Mini manually in employee data of Business Partner (Trxn - BP). Then after, I performed following steps after which problem get resolved (I suppose)

Activated HR integration in config

Created Personnel Number

Created Business Partner using program HRALXSYNC

Planned work at task level for thus created BP

Then I could see worklist is filled up with planned work