Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG- Material CR PDF print form

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am facing a problem while printing adobe forms. I searched the forums before posting but none of the discussions were satisfying.

My issue is as below:

I am getting an error while printing material CR's, the form gets called from WDA portal.The strange problem is this error happens only while printing certain materials CR ( for few materials it prints fine )

Error Message:

“com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: 0 : InvalidDataException: Xml parsing error: not well-formed (invalid token) (error code 4), line 24, column 272 of file”

“Processing exception during a "Render" operation.#Request start time: Thu Nov 21 05:09:06 GMT 2013#com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: 0 : InvalidDataException: Xml parsing error: not well-formed (invalid token) (error code 4), l”

Please find attached the image for reference.

Regards

Kesav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kesav,

Hope this might be useful.

XML Parsing error | SCN

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kesav,

I can't say 100%. I haven't done Adobe forms for long months. But I think I know what that could be.

One of the things I used to hate about the forms is the fact that it is an integration of two completely different technologies (ABAP and Adobe) and that means that the "alien" technology does not support everything we are used to. Namely the "syntax check" in this case.

In your case it is probably the fact that your interface structure and your form layout don't match. That often happens when multiple people work on the same thing or when you change your interface and forget to change the form. The system then goes and tries to put the table data into a date time field or something crazy/ incompatible like that.

The problem with this error is that it does not tell you where to go looking. You will have to check the whole form against the interface and look for anything suspicious. This error does not come from ABAP, it comes from the Adobe site, so there is nothing you can do outside of the Livecycle designer to fix this AFAIK.

I would love to help you more, but there is no trace or log you can send for me to get more information. You must find it, fix it, then use the versioning of your objects (that saved my ass several times) and be more disciplined (with your team).

May you don't feel too much pain looking for the problem

cheers Otto

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for providing few hints for the issue. We are looking into it very seriously. I will update once its solved.

Kesav