Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding operational procurement

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are into implementation of SRM 7.0 Ehp 2 without ROS and XI with Classic Scenario, with backend ECC 6.0 Ehp 6.Now when going through the selection of operational procurement selection

1. Self-Service Procurement

2. Service Procurement

3. Plan Driven Procurement.

I am not able to select the correct Procurement as going through few threads I saw that Plan-Driven Procurement requires XI , where as in other document its written its not mandatory for PDP. Also it is not mandatory for Service Procurement as well as Self Service Procurement unless if I am going with Central Contract Management.But putting my current scenario we are not going with CCM either.

Also regarding backend system which is strong as all my PR and PO's are created in R/3 , so regarding technical scenario we decided to go with Classical Scenario but when it comes to operational procurement activation I am getting confused.

So can someone clear me in which case PI/XI is required and which procurement is suitable also what's the difference between all 3.

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

1. Self-Service Procurement: scenario is one where you enable your purchasing employees and staff to trigger indirect procurement internally. They can trigger the process by creating the SC in the system. This is like creating PRs in ECC which are later converted into POs for direct procurement.

2. Service Procurement: As name suggests, it is service procurement.

3. Plan Driven Procurement: This is the scenario where the planned requirements for procurement comes through planning modules like MRP, APO and gets consolidated in SRM sourcing and we can then trigger external procurement for consolidated requirements.

4. Central contract Management: This is where you create contract and distribute it to different ECC systems.

Using PI is company specific policy and is purely based on your processes/requirements. If external parties are involved in the process, its better to consider integration through PI but internally like to transfer planned purchasing requirements from ECC/APO to SRM does not need PI whereas supplier self service would need PI.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi Pachauri ,

Thanks a lot for clearing my doubts also would like to know that I am going with Classic Scenario with Service Procurement so will I require PI in my case.As client is not asking for ROS process too. So they are only asking for E-tendering.Basically what things should keep in mind to configure for E-tendering.Also actually what's E-tendering.As few idea I got from reading different threads and wiki but still few thing are still not clear as in few threads its explaining about the use of PI and in few threads its telling not to use PI.

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

With classic scenario service procurement, it not mandatory to use PI but again as I said its company's decision.

For e-tendering, I don't think you need PI as this will be your portal on which the vendors will be asked to register and submit the bids. These will be triggered within sourcing.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks a lot for your guidance,Will look forward with the same.

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

Answers (0)