cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option for Tables & Stored Procedures are disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a universe, I have created a personal connection to Oracle 11g DB with Oracle Client.

Now when I try to insert Tables, that option is Disabled, I can insert derived tables though.

Aprt from this View - Refresh Structure

Table Values

and even Table Browser icon is disabled.

Any help..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check if you have proper rights in Universe designer.

In CMC there is a right "Use Table Browser", check if you have proper access on that.

This is present in Universe Designer Tools rights in CMC.

Thanks

Gaurav

Message was edited by: Gaurav Saxena

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

Which database user have you used to create connection? Does that user has sufficient previligies like SELECT on Database?

Try to log into TOAD using the same user and check if you are able to execute SQLs directly against the database.

Regards,

Yuvraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do have privileges on the User. Infact I have SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and also creation of schema objects everything.

On a daily basis I login using PL/SQl Developer using the same user credentials.

In the universe I am able to create Derived tables and see the data from those tables.

Not sure if I require any permission on BO server or UDT.

Regds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

When your creating Derived table, Tables are present in Tables area

Regards,

Chandrakanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, when I  click Derived tables , I am getting derived tables dialogue window and Tables and Columns are shown.

I have to write sql expression like select * from emp to select any table into the Tables pane.

But still I can't select insert - Tables

or Tables browser isn't enabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is a user right for accessing the Table Browser in Designer.

Go in the CMC, select Applications, select Designer, select Manage, Select User Rights

You can now check or set the user rights, look in the list of advanced rights for Designer and you will see a line for 'Use Table Browser'.  Make sure it is not Denied for your Administrator.

If that's the problem I have no idea why the right changed when you updated your licenses.

Regards,

Chandrakanth