cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS-Network logic with Engineering Change Records (ECR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can program the ECR to behave like a PS-Network? We are wondering if we can update the dates in the ECR based on the actual completion date and the processing durations for the future steps. In other words can we do active tracking based on current details.

We look forward to your thoughts.

Regards,

Jeffrey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you want to update the cut-in date in the header and also the valid from date of the leading Change Master at some point, depending on processing speed of the ECR?

In addition, you talk about active tracking. Does that mean you want to have a log of the date changes somehow?

You can certainly somehow trigger some background logic to do updates to those dates, but not sure if that is a little bit of a stretch. Why don't you use a planned cut-in date (use the standard field), and generate or update the valid from date of the leading Change Master late in the process?

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulf,

Yes, we would like to see if the cut-in date or lead change number can be updated automatically depending on processing speed. in some cases some step may happen faster or slower that initially anticipated.

Yes, it is possible to export the log details into a report to share tracking, especially when address a number of ECRs simultaneously.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Jeffrey

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeffrey,

glad I could already help a bit.

For tracking of progress of engineering (change) records, we have built an SAP BusinessObjects based dashboard last year for a related RDS, which was also looking at the cycle time within the different status, taking data extracted out of ERP/PLM Unfortunately this is not commercially available. But something along those lines is definitely a potential solution for your tracking requirements.

For cut-in and valid from date changes and tracking a similar approach cut be taken (taking into account change documents). Unfortunately I can't provide details on how to do updates to those data fields in the background besides pointing to related BADIs. Here, SAP Consulting or some of our special expertise partners in this area should be engaged.

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulf,

I appreciate your insights. I decided that I will manually replicate the SAP RD Process route into MS Project and use the schedule to track my dates.

Regards,

Jeffrey

Answers (0)