cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While posting or creating inspection lot how entries enter in QAMV table

0 Kudos

Hi All.

Good day..!!

My issue is i have an Inspection lot number. When i see details in QALS table i found an entry in 'SPACHE' field which is LANGUAGE KEY.
then i move forward and Open QAMV table i not find any entry in LANGUAGE KEY  (LTEXTSPR)  field of QAMV table.

-Summary

-Can anyone suggest while posting in QM screens where we enter LANGUAGE KEY.

-if language key is present in QALS table why not the same key is not present in QAMV table.
-QAMV is charecterstics table - is there any other way where we post language KEY in via...IW33,IL03 or any other TCODES.

Images are attached for reference.

Thanks,
Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member928196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

The Language key that is seen in QAMV is as per the language of the MIC Characteristic, and the key for the QALS is as per the User loggin.

Regards,

Amol Kale

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess I'm not quite following what you want.

We don't "post" language.  It is internally handled by SAP.  I've never paid much attention to when or how the field in QALS is updated but I imagine it probably comes from the language setting of the user that created the inspection lot.  You could test this by changing your log on language and creating a new inspection lot. But I'm not sure how or why it would be used anyway.

I would guess that QAMV would only have a language entry if it was a qualitative characteristic and you used translations in the catalog codes.  For qualitative values I could maybe see that when the "original result"  is picked, that they might record the language of the catalog code  used.  But even that is unnecessary and it wouldn't surprise me if it's  not used at all.

Typically SAP changes the language when values are displayed or printed based on a user's or customer's language preference.  So there isn't really a need to store a language value with results. 

Craig