cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Batch in dynamic selections

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm thinking about putting in an OSS note on this but I'd like to see if any other people see this same behavior.

In QA32, I can go to the dynamic selections and add "Vendor Batch" as a selection item.

In the selection screen I enter in a material number that I know has inspection lots out there and that I know has the "Vendor Batch" field populated in the batch master.

I then execute the selection and QA32 returns no inspection lots.

If I remove the vendor batch number from the selection criteria and rerun just using material number, I get many batches of the material.

If I put in the vendor batch number and execute again, no inspection lots are found.

I would think this is a bug.  Can someone else verify what I'm seeing?  I couldn't find any OSS notes on this nor could I find any discussion on this.  If it can be verified some where else, I'll put up an OSSS note on it.

This is a 6.0 system.  NO EHP 4.

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for those who tested this.

What I was able to find out through more testing and you input is that the vendor batch is evidently not being searched for in MSC2n but comes from QALS.

So if you manually change the vendor batch in MSC2n, (i.e. a direct correction), or you add a vendor batch to a batch that was received originally without putting a vendor batch at GR, the qa32/33 dynamic vender batch selection will not find the new value.

For some businesses this could be an issue.  For most it's just an awareness of how this works.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Craig

So you mean to say if vendor batch is maintained in PO then it will be searched since it was there during GR. And that's why we didn't see it by putting it in batch master.

Pl clear one more thing. What if it was initially not maintained, then a GR is done. But later if we modify the same PO and now put the vendor batch and then do GR. Would system consider it and display inspection lots ??

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is only available for searching when it is contained in the QALS table.  It is put in the QALS table when the inspection lot is created at the GR.  Therefore, any changes made in MSC2n have no effect on the original inspection lot.

If a batch did not have a vendor batch recorded at GR, (and it was maintained via MSC2n later), you will not be able to find it in QA32 using vendor batch as a search criteria.

If you use MSC2n to make a correction to the vendor batch number, (say a typo was made), the change does not update the QALS table so again, you won't find the inspection lot.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for this nice explanation and a great value addition to all of us

Regards,

ntn 

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder if this note might be helpful for you:

1643351 - No update of the field 'vendor batch number' in inspection lot

Regards

MH

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Martin..

Dang it... I searched OSS notes but obviously didn't do a through enough job!

That note is exactly what I'm talking about.  I think I did most of my queries using "QA32" as a qualifier.

Craig

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Having a 6.0 system with EHP 4 I have no problem searching for vendor batches.

Regards

MH

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Craig,

I ran a similar scenario by maintaining the vendor batch through MSC2N and executing the QA32 following your steps.

Behavior in my case is no different and I couldn't see any inspection lot when Vendor batch is given in selection criteria.

This is probably a bug or we might have been missing some settings.

Regards,

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks!  So you can't find lots either when using vendor batch as a selection criteria.

Thank you for trying!

Craig

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Craig,

I just went through your thread and executed the same steps,

In QA32, I selected Dynamic Selection>Material> Vendor Batch .. here I entered a vendor batch for which I know Inspection lot exist.

after Executing I got that Inspection Lot in qa32 worklist.

I am using ECC 6.0, EHP 5.

Amol.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting.  You have 6.0 with EHP 5.

I'm on the base 6.0 with no enhancement packs.

I'll look at OSS again for a note.

I wonder what version Nitin is on?

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Craig,

Im using 6.0 with EHP6. I had tested the scenario with maintaining the Vendor batch through MSC2N and this might be the reason I didn't get similar results what Amol has achieved. I cant say.

I'll rerun the scenario with puting Vendor batch in PO itself and then generating inspection lots.

Will let you know the results I get then.

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Craig,

I have rerun the scenario. I put the Vendor batch number in PO this time and completed the GR process.

Then In QA32, I performed following and got the results as given,

• In dynamic selection: Vendor batch and nothing else in selection screen: Inspection lot is displayed
  • In dynamic selection: Vendor batch along with material number in selection screen: Inspection lot is displayed.
  • Nothing in dynamic selection. Material number in selection screen: Inspection lot is displayed.

I don't know how did you maintain the scenario at you end. If you did what I did earlier, I think you would need to do it again by maintaining the Vendor batch in PO.

Besides, please let me know if this is the real cause.

As in, do we really need to maintain the vendor batch in PO itself or this cycle must also run when this batch is not maintained in PO but added later in batch master??

Regards,

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Nitin.. I had change the correct answer to mark Martin's last comment as the correct answer with the OSS note! 

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Craig,

There is no need for Sorry. Most appropriate answer should be marked as correct. That is why we all are here. To gain knowledge, not to gain points or badges (at least I don't believe in)

Cheers,

ntn

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probabaly search criteria does not work on this field because its not available in report display

I tried to pull Vendor Batch not equal to Blank and it worked, but no display of vendor batch

DD

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. there is no display of vendor batch.  It could be added I believe as there are discussions on how to add fields to the QA32 worklist screen.

Interesting that a not blank works but using a specific vendor batch number doesn't.

I'll try running some more tests on that.

Thanks!

Craig