cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTRL+Y functionality in WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to copy from multiple cells and paste in WD table.

something like CTRL+Y and CTRL+V in sapgui.

right now we can copy multiple entries from excel and paste into..but we are looking to copy directly from WD table.

regards,

Niketan Maral

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

but we are looking to copy directly from WD table.

Are you looking to copy all the entries from table like in SAP Gui? If so, there is no provision to do the same like in GUI due to browser limitations and no support for JS in WDA. You can check the explanation by Thomas for the same in this thread: http://scn.sap.com/message/8693060

However you can copy clipboard data to Web Dynpro if you are on Netweaver 7.0 Ehp3. You could check the link provided by Samuli above.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I missed the part that WDA table is the source. If the destination is indeed the clipboard then there isn't much one can do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli and Kiran Kumar,

I conclude that we can't copy from more than one cells at the time in WebDynpro.

How ever pasting from clipboard containing multiple entries is possible (we did it already i guess same steps as mentioned in document).

Thanks and regards,

Niketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

One thing stuck from Thomas's reply, it is not possible without NWBC client, does it mean it is possible with NWBC client ?

I can check that ( after setting up role for my WD application)

Thanks and regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only if the transaction is a classic Dynpro one. Same restrictions apply to WDAs regardless whether they are accessed with NWBC or a browser. In fact NWBC is using the IE control to render web content.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In NWBC for desktop you can have this functionality where there was a SmartClient render for WDA. However this Smart client render was not shipped as a supported feature in NWBC 3.0.

So in NWDC desktop version( with smartclient render) you can have this functionality not in browser based NWDC( due to limitations)

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See 's excellent document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think so its possible in the WDP.