SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable Field "Status" in BPEM EMMA Case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following problem: We are using BPEM Cases in an IS-U environment to handle user decisions out of workflows (IS-U/ IDXGC). The users are only supposed to use the solution processes given in the BPEM cases, but are not to change the status of the case manually, since that has no or the wrong influence on how the workflow is going to proceed.

That is why we would like to disable the field "status" in the BPEM case while in editing mode, at least for certain case categories. So the users are forced to use the solution processes.

Can the enhancement EMMA_CASE or the Badi EMMA_CASE be there of any help?

Any input is aprreciated.

Best Regards,

Holger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think its possible by standard Authorization object-B_EMMA_CAS

However, you can try with custom authorization objects, where in you make the status field as read-only.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think its possible by standard Authorization object-B_EMMA_CAS

However, you can try with custom authorization objects, where in you make the status field as read-only.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hello Amlan,

thanks for your reply. I do not have any experience with authorization objects. But I found the object B_EMMA_CAS in SU21.

Cold you describe with a little more details, how i can make the status field as read only, when in changing mode?

Bye,

Holger

0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

You can create a authorization object through transaction code SU21.

In here select the object class under which you want to create the new Auth Object.

Now click on create.If you are creating custom field, then, Click the 'Field Maintenance' button -->

Click on CREATE.

Now enter the Name for the New Authorization field and the corresponding Data Element and SAVE.

In here you can have a field called activity type for display.

Now enter the Authorization field name and document the object:

Once done press Save and activate the documentation and then Save the new Authorization Object

After all the above activity, the SAP_ALL profile must be re-generated

Now assign this Auth object with the given activity type to the roles of the User.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi,

I appreciate your help. Unfortunately in this case your idea did not work.

But I have found a workaround for my problem.

I implemented the classic Badi EMMA_CASE and there the method PROCESS_CUSTSUB_OKCODE.

This method is only called in dialogue mode on actions by the user and before any action is executed.  I can filter on the category or business process as well as the action the user wants to perform by checking the okcode. In case the user tries do something he is not supposed to, I fill the export structure with an appropriate error message.

The dynpro logic will exit here and the error message is shown to the user while still in the Emma case changing mode.

Code Example:

IF is_case-bpcode CP 'Z*'.

CASE iv_okcode.

WHEN 'CHANDISP'.

IF is_case-status = '3' and is_dbcase-status <> '3'.

es_return-type = 'E'.

es_return-id = 'EXAMPLE'

es_return-number = '999'

es_return-message_v1 = 'Do not change status manually'

ENDIF.

ENDCASE.

ENDIF.