cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Certificate dilemma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello QM expert,

We have a situation here and not sure if you can provide a helping hand with correct information.

We have setup one inspection type primarily used in external vendor inbound GR inspection and require certificate from the vendor.

Standard SAP is that when Quality Certificate is require (i.e. control via the QM control key), the certificate must be received from vendor and record into SAP in order for the goods to release to UU stock. Please correct this statement if I am wrong?

Dilemma;

ONE of our vendor hold a big bargaining power and despite numerous of remainder for certificate, we still not able to receive it from them.

Hence, all the GR pertaining to this vendor are all hang in the QI stock type because there is no certificate from them in the system.

Question:

I am wondering is there a way to by pass this control (not via config) to still allow the goods to post to UU stock and also not impacting the usage decision stage??

Thanks

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel, I experienced something different with such setting. If you mark certificate is not received (while posting GR), then the inspection lot goes in to CTCM status. i.e. certificate missing. Later, you go to QC55 to acknowledge the receipt of the same.

As long as lot is in CTCM you can't give UD, but you should be able to post the stock to unrestricted for sure. Perhaps SAP has provided this provision to accommodate production stoppage issues where we can not afford to hold the stock in QI in the want of certificate.

In your case is not allowing stock posting? What error message you are getting? Probably, the custom logic might be in place to prevent stock posting if the status is CTCM, Need to check from this aspect also.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

If the QM stock is in QI stock type (QM-managed item), how is it possible to post the QI stock  to unrestricted-used stock when the UD has not been performed?

Do you mean by forcefully perform the UD and release the QI to UU??

Regards

Daniel

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Quantity can be posted out of QI stock without giving UD.

Regards,

ntn

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope, I haven't mentioned so!    I explain it further

1. Giving UD and stock posting are 2 separate events.
  2. You can give UD without stock posting also.
  3. Similarly you can post partial stock, of full stock without UD also.
  4. This is SAP's functionality that it has provided both these transactions in a same T-Code

As per my experience,

1. If the inspection lot status is CTCM, you can NOT give UD
  2. But you can post the stock against the same inspection lot in QA32.
  3. For this, just select the lot and go to UD tab. Don't select any UD code and click on stock posting tab.
  4. Put the required quantity in unrestricted and save.
  5. Lot status changes to SPST CTCM. i.e. Stock posting is done despite non receipt of certificate.

Regards, Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In QA11 transaction itself in the menu bar you can select Edit > confirm the Certificate receipt and proceed

DD