cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change sold to party customer from Inquiry to Quotation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

When we create a quotation in reference to inquiry, all the details are copied because of copy control.

Moreover, the sold to party also gets grayed out in quotation. DO we have the option to change the sold to party in quotation which is copied from inquiry.

Because it is always grayed out. What is the setting behind that.

When I go to VTAA and I try to change the copying requirements from same customer to different header still it does not work?

Please let me know the setting behind that.

Thnks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Shekhar saxena,

I assume you have changed the copy requirements from 001 to 002(Header diff customer) in VTAA between IN and QT and properly saved.

No need of any extra setting, just follow as below it will definitely work and update your results.

Goto va21 over view screen first enter different sold to party

then goto create with ref to inquiry enter inquiry number in ref filed click enter then system gives with Warning message with yellow color, just ignore it and click enter,then system will copy the new SP..

Ravin,

Please find the examples when and why we can change the Sold party in the below document.

very good explanation.

Changing the Sold-to Party - Sales (SD-SLS) - SAP Library

thanks,

Srinu.

Message was edited by: Srinu S

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Srinu,

Good one working for me.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradeep for your confirmation, Yes even i tested in IDES system,it was working for me as well.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the information.

I know changing sold to party is not desirable. I was just checking in exceptions cases do we have any way to change it or not. Thanks all.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shekhar,

Please check the copy control between Inquiry to Quotation in tcode VTAA.

Make sure to follow these steps to get the sold to party editable.

Copy control IN ->QT

In the Header :

Copying requirements = "002"  (Header-diff.customer)

In the Item :

Pos./neg. quantity  = " "  (empty)

Make sure to remove the PLMIN field to get the sold to party editable.

I hope I am able to help you with this info.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavin Joshi

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you give a business case where inquiry was created for Sold to party A and referenced quote was created for Sold to party B. Since Sold to party is a mandatory driver in the Partner function, you should not change it. Ideally create a new inquiry and so on.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear

It not possible at all if u remove partner funtion it willl give error not define in table,and there is no use of changing sold to party and there is option to change change other partner function as even its been  defined in partner function sold to party as unique so we cannot change sold to party.If want create new order.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check Partner Determination in SPRO->SD->BASIC FUNCTIONS

There You can define what partner can or can't be change.

One remark:

Sold-to-party is basic data what should not be change.

You get inquiry for customer A so the offer should be for customer A.

If there is different customer involved, You should create new quotation.

I would advice to not go this way to not make stance business scenario.

BR

Paweł

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

Yes, you are right . I am trying in IDES and not on the main client. However not able to succeed. I have tried with copy control also and still it is not working. secondly , in partner determination procedure for sales header when I am trying to modify my partner function which is assigned to sales document TA, the non modifiable tab is grayed out. I can't edit that. What can be the possible reasons? I know , have asked a lot of questions but tried everything what ever was possible.

thnks