cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between "Manual Planning Strategies"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

what are the differences between the following Manual Planning Strategies?

VSRI_1STEP

VSRI_CHK

VSRI_DEF

VSRI_SCH

I have a hard time finding documentation that explains what the differences are.

I am currently trying to manually plan 3 FU stages into 1 FO. Each stage has a different destination location with different delivery dates/times.

However, looking at the "Stages" tab on the planned FO, it looks odd. The stages didn't get assigned according to delivery dates/times and two of the three stages have a description of "Not Determined".

There are lanes between each of the destination locations.

Anyway, I thought that the manual planning strategy may play into this and would like to know more abou them.

Thank you,

Adrian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

You can find some tips if you check what methods was assigned to this strategies in SPRO.

You can try documentation of Process Controler, i think that can help you to learn more about strategies and methods.

Follow link:

Process Controller Configuration - Basic Functions - SAP Library

I think that will help you.

Best regards,

Vicente Picardi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicente,

thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I do not have access to configuration. I only have Master Data and very little Application Administration access.

I looked at the documentation and went into spro in our dev environment, but wasn't able to find what I am looking for.

It is possible that these planning strategies do not contain the information I am looking for. Maybe I

have to look at the FU a bit more.

Thank you either way, though.

Regards,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Could you tell us, if you found a way to do that you want?

Kind regards,

Vicente Picardi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adrian,

The Strategies that you have mentioned here are optimizer strategies. They can be applied to anywhere the optimizer is used. Some of the examples are Manual Planning, Optimizer Planning Strategy, Transportation Proposal Strategy, etc.

To answer your question about what they do. There are 4 strategies that are delivered as standard in TM. Here is a general overview of what they do:

VSRI_DEF - Default Interactive Planning Strategy

• Default Strategy that is defaulted in Profiles or if no profile is chosen

VSRI_1STEP - Interactive planning and Carrier Selection

• Same actions as VSRI_DEF
  • Will also perform Interactive Planning + TSPS
  • TSPS is effectively carrier selection

VSRI_CHK - Interactive Planning Strategy + check

• Will also check the order

VSRI_SCH - Interactive planning and scheduling

• Will also perform scheduling

As a note, it is possible to build your own strategies by assigning the desired methods to your strategy.

Devin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devin,

Thank you for the answer.

Would you have a more detailed overview of what these strategies do?

Or would you know where I could find that information?

Thank you,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adrian,

The steps in the strategies are basically standard actions that can be performed in TM either via the FWO or in the transportation cockpit. I suggest you look at the documentation for those actions to get more detailed information on exactly what they do.

Devin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

A good example of the flexibility of this strategies is what I set here in ArcelorMittal. The requirement was : check calendars/incompatibilities and load/unload times during the manual planning. Easy job...just create a new Strategy for manual planning and assign to it the Scheduling Method...is it clear?

Kind Regards, Marcelo Lauria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devin,

thanks for the reply.

I'll look at the documentation again.

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I do not have access to configuration. I only have Master Data and very little Application Amdinistration access.

I will keep this in mind, though.

Regards,

Adrian