cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to start j2ee engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to start J2ee engine in sap and in the dev_disp file in work directory it is giving as follows :

Wed Mar 14 16:27:10 2007

J2EE server info

start = TRUE

state = STARTED

pid = 14642

argv[0] = /usr/sap/SMT/DVEBMGS01/exe/jcontrol

argv[1] = jcontrol

argv[2] = pf=/usr/sap/SMT/SYS/profile/SMT_DVEBMGS01_aditya

argv[3] = -DSAPSTART=1

argv[4] = -DCONNECT_PORT=61986

argv[5] = -DSAPSYSTEM=01

argv[6] = -DSAPSYSTEMNAME=SMT

argv[7] = -DSAPMYNAME=aditya_SMT_01

argv[8] = -DSAPPROFILE=/usr/sap/SMT/SYS/profile/SMT_DVEBMGS01_aditya

argv[9] = -DFRFC_FALLBACK=ON

argv[10] = -DFRFC_FALLBACK_HOST=localhost

start_lazy = 0

start_control = SAP J2EE startup framework

DpJ2eeStart: j2ee state = STARTED

DpJ2eeLogin: j2ee state = CONNECTED

Wed Mar 14 16:27:16 2007

DpJ2eeMsgProcess: j2ee state = CONNECTED (NIECONN_BROKEN)

DpIJ2eeShutdown: send SIGINT to SAP J2EE startup framework (pid=14642)

DpIJ2eeShutdown: j2ee state = SHUTDOWN

Wed Mar 14 16:27:30 2007

DpEnvCheckJ2ee: switch off j2ee start flag

Can any one solve my issue please?????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is Dual Stack system Restart whole instance, not only J2EE restart using JCMON or stopsap J2EE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alan,

There are 2 possibilities here:

- The j2ee related profile parameters are incomplete. Please check the profile parameters against note 741289 and verify that they are all correct.

- The j2ee startup fails because of some exception. J2EE will try to start 3 times and if it fails 3 times consecutively the R/3 dispatcher will disable the start flag. In this situation you'll need to check the j2ee startup logs which are located in the instance work directory. Try starting J2EE again by going to transaction SMICM-> Administration-> J2EE Instance (local)-> Send Soft Shutdown-> With Restart. This will trigger a startup attempt of j2ee. Wait for 10-20 minutes and then go to the instance work directory (/user/sap/<sid>/DVEBMGS##/work). Sort the files by time stamp and look at the latest updated files. For j2ee troubleshooting you should check the following log files:

dev_bootstrap, std_bootstrap, jvm_bootstrap*

dev_dispatcher, std_dispatcher.out

dev_server0, std_server0.out

J2ee startup will first attempt bootstrap which is really just synchronizing the filesystem with the database. If this phase fails you won't see any of the dispatcher and server0 log files updated. Check the bootstrap logs for exceptions. If you see dispatcher and server0 log files updated, this means that the bootstrap was successful and you should check the dev_ and std_ files for the dispatcher and server0 nodes to see which has failed and find exceptions. Please post any exceptions into the forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you check up your java virtual machine,

i had the same issue, i resoleved it by doing this steps:

1) Install the right jvm version (with baseline netweaver 2004's you need j2sdk 1.4.2_09 if you have more recent version check the version 1.4.2_13)

2) With Baseline you have to install it in D:\j2sdk1.4.2_09 folder

3) Stop and restart your server

i hope that my advices help you

Hichem

enginimaldb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

i have the same error with the java part. under j2ee process table there are no processes and the disp+work say that j2ee status info is unavailable.

i have the error that the bootstrap files dont write something too, when i am restarting the j2ee instance.

i have post a new thread today with this error. Have you any other idea how can i solve this?

Regards

Eimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allan,

I am also facing similar issue as i am not able to start my J2EE engine.

Please let me know, if you have solved this problem.

Regards,

Anjani