cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent Installation Path to change

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have windows envirnoment with SMD agent by default installed on satellite system on application drive.

We want to uninstall and install it on non application drive i.e C drive.

I tried but by default sapinst greyed out drive letter and always install on application drive.

Now I am trying to perform unattend installation by modifying inifile.xml and other xml files,  but l have doubt if it can be done, as sapinst reads saploc (that exists in application drive). Stoping saploc share will enable me but it is not a solution.

Is this possible to manually install SMD on C Drive with existing SAP running server on different drive and without stopping running application ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SMD agent installation is very simple one, It doesn't require any downtime of running application. Its only 15 to 20 min work,

But  You can't change the installation drive if your saploc is already exist. because installation drive nothing but your saploc share point drive.

if SAP application is already installed, SMD agnet would be always on the same drive where the sap app installed

refer the latest installation guides  1829024 - Inst. 7.30 SP3 - Diagnostics Agent installation page number 20,

Best regards

Jansi

0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for the reply.

If we try to perform unattended installation and modify the inifile.xml file with drive path to C Drive.

Is it possible then to have SMD installed on C Drive with application on other drive,  if not then any way to do it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Are you able to the solution,if YES PLEASE LET US KNOW