Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Collection

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a IDOC to AS2 scenario. I need to collect the idocs based on partner/salesorg and based on this need to route to different versions of edi format like EDIFACT or TRadacom and again Version 8 or Version 9.

You will also have customer specific mapping for each one of them and some of them generic.

What is the best possible way to design this without using BPM and error handling mechanism is very important. My challenges are IDOC collection/identifying the format and version and partnerid.

I want to implement most of the logic in abap itself and use  PI just for transmission.

I would want to avoid using BPM. My current version is PI7.01.  I am currently exploring idoc packaging approach and idoc-xml port approach where i can implement the logic in abap itself.

Please advise.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Are you looking at any specific error handling for this scenario. Is there any Idoc collection required for the scenario.

Regards,

Pranav

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Why you want to collect the IDOC? do you want to trigger the IDOC in package or in time interval.

If you only want to route the IDOC to different EDI type/version, you can achive the functionality without using BPM.

Based on partner number and sales org number you can identify different receiver service/system or differnt interface in receiver determination or interface determination. If the logic to route to differnt type EDI is complex, you can use enhance receiver determination and determine the receive using mapping.

I hope this help.

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

you need BPM to achieve this

Cheers

Hidayat