cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuccessFactors v/s SAP EHP6 HR Renewals Comparitive and Differences

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We are following some customer leads especially who are in the same hybrid scenario of running CoreHR in SAP and pitching for talent management modules in SF (Cloud).

One question which I regularly am getting from the customer is that, instead of making all the investment in a new product SF just to drive all benefits, processes and UX from the cloud (SaaS), we can upgrade the current SAP < EHP5 installations to EHP6 to get the HR Renewal 1.0/  functionality to get almost the same look, feel and integration of processes within our on-premise SAP instance.

I have tried searching around for a viable argument and selling proposition, apart from the obvious on-premise and cloud difference , but unable to find one. I am also a bit confused since SAP is going ahead for advancements in both on-premise HR Renewals and in SuccessFactors.  The Web 2.0  look and feel, UX , process integration and web driven functionality is apparent in both SF and HR Rnw.

So can anyone share some material/PPT to exemplify core difference and selling points to clearly differentiation between the two. I have had some PPTs available from a consulting partner, which define the capabilities of both and ultimately leaves the decision on customer's choice. In my case we dont want to leave it to the customer's choice, we want to make a strong case for pushing SF forward.

Thanks for reading and replying.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Syed,

There is a very strong case for SF being the future of SAP HCM and it will go that way because from a clients perspective.

• SF is a Saas product and is much cheaper than a On premise solution
  • The User interface and User experience is absolutely fantastic when you compare to the SAP GUI
  • SF is much easier to implement and takes lesser time to implement.
  • SAP Payroll which is the most complex part with in ECC is avaliable as it is but as a cloud solution when clients go for employee central.So you get ECC Payroll with full fucntionality in the cloud
  • There is standard connectors between SF and SAP ECC and third party payroll and systems.
  • There are no complex and costly upgrades.
  • The client can do a lot more using adminstration tools than what a client can do with configuration in ECC

I am basing the above on my personal experience of working with SF for the last few months .Though the SF product is not so mature as the SAP HCM product it does have its advantages in terms of cost and maintenance and integration which will make it the face of HCM for SAP going forward.

Regards

Harris

jimso101
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harris,

Incase a customer had ESS and they want to move to SF means fully cloud from Onpremise, How migration will work... how will i able to move the data from Onpremise HCM to Cloud??

Thanks & Regards

JIm

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are all talking about SF and its importance of cloud When it comes to integration with other modules How would cloud will integrate with other modules For example We have HR Module integrated with FICO Module for posting amount. Like we have other modules that will integrate with other modules SD, MM and FICO

How would SF will play a role in integrating with other modules like SD , MM and FICO??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jimson,

It is as good as moving from one system to another .If all the Master data is moved to EC then the employee will have to log into EC for all the stuff he would have normally done through ESS.

The data would have to be migrated to EC just like you would do from SAP to another system say Peoplesoft or oracle.

Regards

Harris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

The Posting is from the Payroll module and as of now it follows the same pattern as in a ECC Payroll only difference is that the Payroll solution is hosted .

There is no standard integration connectors between SF and these other SAP modules you mentioned like it is avaliable in SAP right now but you can surely build one if it is required in case you want to send HR  data what is held in SF to these modules in the  SAP system.

Regards

Harris

jimso101
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harris,

Which means the amount of effort which we put into data migration activity we need to re do it again

if we want to move to cloud??

So we will have to prepare excel files and should prepare data according to SF terminology and then through export/import csv file format we need to upload ??

Thanks & Regards

JIm

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harris,

Technically that's true, but there is content coming in 1402 and 1405. Also, there is already integration content for a mini-master in SAP ERP HCM that can be used to integrate with other modules. It's all about architecture

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luke,

You are right. I think there will not be any situations in the near future where EC has to integrate with SAP modules like SD or MM. The integration will come from the EC cloud Payroll or as you say a mini master in SAP HCM which can be used to integrate. I am looking forward to the content coming out in 1402 and 1405.

regards

harris

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP GUI? You are not informed about Renewal guy! You should compare SF vs Renewal....but not make sense a comparison between OnP vs Cloud

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

emerino
Explorer
0 Kudos

What’s cracking !

Is very interesting links, but I would like to know if there is a PPT. ?

I'm starting to review and evaluate the implementation of SF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

ware can i get success factors training i want to take personal training , tel me the address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through below link from Luke's blog on the training and certification to get an idea.

SuccessFactors Training and Certification FAQ

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/blog/2013/12/10/successfactors-training-and-certification-faq

Regards,

Murugan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If a customer is using HR Renewal for the core functionality in SAP HR and SF for e.g. Recruitment, Learning and Performance & Goals how can the users get an integrated user interface so it doesn´t seem as two different systems to the HR admins, managers and employees? You would e.g. want all tasks from both systems (all modules) to appear on one and the same tasklist.

Best regards

snandago12
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am sure that SAP future investment is to move towards SuccessFactors (SF) but question remains whether all customers would be interested to migrate from on-premise to cloud. I have been working on EhP6 and EhP7 for more than a year and found very interesting applications with much more value added services and intuitive UI for HR Renewal, New Process and Forms, HR Policy Management, Leave with Attachments and Multiple Approval Process, Travel Management, Mobility for E-Recruiting, LSO, Analytics, etc which raised bar from what implementation partners, consultants, and customers experienced since ECC 6.0 EhP4.

Also, I would recon not to compare SAP vs. SuccessFactors as these applications are separate product line though now acquired by SAP and yes SAP is trying to migrate majority of it's investment in SF due to portability, light, and vast customers feel the investment on hardware is near "0".

You should join SAP partner forum to have more information; however, forwarding some links which may help your doubts meanwhile:

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/blog/2013/06/03/sap-and-successfactors-s-hybrid-model-what-is-n...

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/blog/2012/03/11/the-future-of-sap-hcm-consulting-and-successfac...

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/blog/2013/04/09/the-future-of-sap-hcm-and-successfactors-consul...

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/blog/2012/10/08/the-real-truth-about-sap-and-successfactors-int...

http://www.sap.com/solution/rapid-deployment/software/successfactors-hcm-cloud-integration/index.htm...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed!

The hybrid scenario really makes sense. And it's not necessary to replace SAP HCM Core HR with SF Employee Central, as SAP plans to continue deliver innovations in Core HR with HR Renewal 1.0 (2.0) initiative.

Each scenario - hybrid or full cloud - has it's own benefit's and should be evaluated per customer basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vasiliy,

I do really understand and agree to your proposition. My question was more geared towards have a comparative feature differentiation of both SAP and SF, at the same time making the client more convinced towards making a move to the cloud by presenting a strong business case. Any supplementary material towards the intended objective would have been great.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syed,

I'm sure SAP wouldn't provide such feature to feature comparison.

It can be done at high level using partner materials: e.g. EC Specification Sheet

https://partners.successfactors.com/product-resources/employee-central/Documents/SFSF-SS-EmployeeCen...

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The link is broken

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try here:

https://partners.successfactors.com/product-resources/employee-central/Documents/EC_ECPayroll_Spec%2...

Employee Central and Employee Central Payroll Specification Sheet (Feb 2014)