Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal 7.30 Restore - NWA error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos
Dear experts,
I'm facing the same problem as described this discussion: http://scn.sap.com/message/13629823#13629823
Just not in PI but in a Portal.
We implemented patches into a 7.30 Java Portal test system and the customer reuqested a restore to the old patchlevel for he had application problems with the new patchlevel.
So we restored DB and files and the Portal application itself seems to work properly.
Only NWA and everthing depending on NWA (like SystemInfo etc.) doesn't work due to the following error:
500   Internal Server ErrorSAP NetWeaver Application Server/Java AS

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com$sap$tc$lm$co$ui$nwa$localnavigation$repository$NWAProfessionalApplication ------------------------- Loader Info ------------------------- ClassLoader name: [sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~mainframe~wd] Loader hash code: 9fa5a2f Living status: alive Direct parent loaders:   [system:Frame]   [interface:webservices]   [interface:cross]   [interface:security]   [interface:transactionext]   [library:webservices_lib]   [library:opensql]   [library:jms]   [library:ejb20]   [service:p4]   [service:ejb]   [service:servlet_jsp]   [library:com.sap.base.technology.facade]   [library:tc~cmi]   [sap.com/tc~lm~webadmin~mainframe~persist~ear]   [sap.com/tc~wd~api]   [sap.com/tc~js~nwa~nav_engine~ear]   [sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~proxy]   [sap.com/tc~wd~restricted]   [service:engine.dsr.facade]   [sap.com/tc~lm~webadmin~mainframe~wd]   [sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~co~ui~nwa~localnavigation~wd] Resources:   /usr/sap/PD1/J20/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~mainframe~wd/servlet_jsp/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~ui~mainframe~wd/root/WEB-INF/lib/sap.com~tc~lm~itsam~ui~mainframe~wd.jar ---------------------------------------------------------------

at com.sap.engine.boot.loader.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:278)

at com.sap.engine.boot.loader.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:247)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.JavaType.getClass(JavaType.java:189)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.JavaType.retrieveClass(JavaType.java:209)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.JavaType.<init>(JavaType.java:55)

... 60 more

What we already did to try to solve/analyze this problem is:
  • renaming server0 to get it rebuilt
  • trying out different sap jvm patches of jvm 6
    patch 18, 33, 57 were the one's we still had - the system originally ran on 33 - after patches on 57 - after the restore we switched back to 33
  • checked if the above mentioned jar file is exiting (it is and it has exactly the same size as in the production system which is still working)
  • tested the application in Firefox (21) and Internet Explorer (10)

SAP note 1718566 recommends to implement the latest patch for LMNWAUIFRMRK which isn't quite an option for us because the whole reason for restoring was getting back to the old patchlevel...
In default trace we couldn't find any helpful information - you can find it attached.
I also attached a list of comparison between the original patchlevel and the newly implemented patches (which now has been restored to the original level).
Do you have any idea how to solve this issue?
Many thanks and best wishes
Marie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

tc~TechSrv~XML_DAS#com.sap.archtech.daservice#Administrator#0##04BE47FC573A11E3803B00000C2862E6#04be47fc573a11e3803b00000c2862e6#04be47fc573a11e3803b00000c2862e6#0#Application [56]#Plain##

MasterMethod: An error occurred during the System Landscape Directory synchronization: CIM_ERR_FAILED: HTTP response code: 503 Service Unavailable

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.sld.api.wbem.exception.CIMCommunicationException: CIM_ERR_FAILED: HTTP response code: 503 Service Unavailable

Is the connection to SLD working ?

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/sap/PD1/J20/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/com.sap.portal.fpn.enterpriseservices/webservices_container/com.sap.portal.fpn.enterpriseservices.mod_EJB/META-INF/wsdl/com/sap/portal/fpn/communication/client/gen/rootwsdl_irj-fpn-ws/rootwsdl_irj-fpn-ws.wsdl (No such file or directory)

Check whether the files were restored when you restored the file system backup.

Regards

RB

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

harris_david
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I know this is an old post, but I had a similar issue and wanted to share how we fixed it. Rather than restoring the entire directory you can use SUM or TELNET to do a forced deployment of the component LMNWAUIFRMRK. The missing files are in it, and they will be re-associated properly after you deploy them back into your system. Notes 1824237 and 1921719 are very helpful.

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everbody,

many many thanks for the quick responses!

The db and files had been saved and restored at the same time - the system has been shutdown to save and restore them - there were no SAP or DB processes left running.

Sometimes you miss the obvious things - somehow the files in rootwsdl_irj-fpn-ws hadn't been saved (which makes me fear that there are more files missing I didn't notice yet).

I copied the two files in there from the productive system now but didn't help (so my worries seem to be true).

I think the SLD not running is more a consequence than the cause but I'll check it anyway.

I also tried element.resync=Force now but same error as before...

So now I tend to copying the complete apps folder from prd to tst. Unfortunately I know that we have one difference in the component versions there (Ajax runtime) which was patched in test and not in prd because on the one hand it didn't have the expected effect and one the other hand we planned a complete system update anyway...which was reset now... great. Let's see how I'm going to manage that.

I'll keep you up-to-date.

Thanks again and best wishes
Marie

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

copying the apps folder obviously helped. I saved the "old" one, copied the complete folder from the production system to the test system and then replaced the Ajax folders again by the "old" one's because they seem to be complete and I didn't want to risk a version mismatch.

Then I renamed server0 again so it'll be rebuilt.

And the result: everything seems to work now - NWA, SystemInfo, Portal itself...

So for next time I'll control the file system backup twice before I do actions like patching or the like...

Sometimes you miss the forest for the trees when the search takes too long.

Many many thanks for your suggestions and help!

Thanks and best wishes

Marie

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

Great!!!

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

Did you try to resync the content Force fully by maintaining the parameter in bootstrap.properties file

element.resync=Force

Also try to copy the jar file from PRD to target system.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

+919818619396

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you restored file system as well with database backup?

Thanks,

Sunny

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

yes we restored db and files.

regards

Marie

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marie,

I tried to look into the default trace log files. And I found below entries:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/sap/PD1/J20/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/com.sap.portal.fpn.enterpriseservices/webservices_container/com.sap.portal.fpn.enterpriseservices.mod_EJB/META-INF/wsdl/com/sap/portal/fpn/communication/client/gen/rootwsdl_irj-fpn-ws/rootwsdl_irj-fpn-ws.wsdl (No such file or directory)

It looks to me that file system is not restored properly or file system backup restored was not of same time as of database backup.

I would suggest to raise an OSS to SAP Support.

Thanks,

Sunny