cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ResponseOneWay Bean unable to find the receiver channel

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a IDoc --> Webservice scenario. The requirement is to map the response message from the webservice to the ALEAUD IDoc.

To acheive this i have used a RequestResponse Bean and ResponseOneWay Bean in the sender IDoc_AAE communication channel.

I am able to successfully map the response coming from the webservice to the ALEAUD IDoc.

But It looks like the receiver IDoc_AAE channel is not getting determined when i use the ResponseOneWay Bean. Please let me know how to proceed?

Getting the following error:

MP: exception caught with cause java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.Channel.getChannelName() of a null object loaded from local variable 'channel'

I have used this Blog to do the development http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/03/25/requestresponse-bean-for-idocaae-...

Attaching the screenshots for reference.

Sender IDoc_AAE

Request Message Audit Log

Response Message Audit Log

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Message was edited by: IDC PI Team PI team

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check replacing the IDoc adapter with the file adapter if still issue persists..

Create one more ICO scenario and provide the sender as your receiver system of first scenario with dummy sender adapater and receiver as sender of first scenario and provide your IDoc adapter ...

Also you need to select the option of virtual receiver while creating the second scenario...

HTH

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your reply. I will trying to use a FIle Channel to verify if it is something to do with IDoc_AAE adapter.

I am using PI 7.3 Ehp1 dual stack SP 07

I have come across a SAP note 1384520 to which my issue seems to be related.

The note says the following statement. I am already using the parameter                   receiverChannel = <IDoc_AAE Receiver channel>

Please correct me in case i have understood the statement incorrectly.

Alternatively, this problem can be avoided when this module is configured to use the channel name to directly identify the receiver channel.

Also i am unable to find an appropriate patch for my PI system level in this note.

I will be raising an message to SAP in case there is no suitable alternatives for this issue.

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Sudhansu

I have checked other blogs as well and now I beileve that we can not use an Idoc adapter in the ResponseOneWayBean. The only adapter it support is file.

How ever your requirement can be done using a async/sync bridge using request/response bean.

So the scenario will be look like

IDOC (async ) to SOAP ( sync )

In sender Idoc adapter you need to use request response bean and below paramters

AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean module:  

Interface (In the Parameter Value column, enter <name of the asynchronous response service interface)

InterfaceNamespace.( In the Parameter Value column, enter <corresponding namespace of the asynchronous response )

ReplaceInterface ( In the Parameter Value column, enter true )

This will trigger an async interface which will contain the web service response. You need to use virtual receiver to create the second asycn scenario. in the second scenario use the response to ALEAUD mapping.

Let me know if you have any doubt on the approach.

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I just tested my scenario by changing IDoc_AAE to File and i am able to successfully write the files. So there is some issues while using the IDoc_AAE approach. Could you kindly suggest if there is any error in the way i have used IDoc_AAE.

adapterType = IDoc_AAE

adapterNamespace = http://sap.com/xi/XI/System

Thanks,

Sudhansu

pi_consultant1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

where you able to solve your problem and can you confirm that this scenario is possible with async/syn configuration in Idoc_AAE adapter? How did you solve your problem?

I've exactly the same scenario...

Kind regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We contacted SAP and they have asked us to update the latest patch for SAPXIAF SCA.

The latest patch was applied for SAPXIESR, MESSAGING and SAPXITOOL.

After applying this we were able to do a async/syn configuration in Idoc_AAE adapter.

But then we identified some issues in tcode: sm58 of ECC and contacted SAP again.

They have released an SAP note: 1964506.

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Put the module paramter for requestResponse bean at the top. Then use the parameters for response oneway bean.

Correct setting should be

Also make sure that the channel and service name is correct and exists in ID. There is no typo error.

0 Kudos

HI,

Put the module paramter for requestResponse bean at the top. Then use the parameters for response oneway bean.

The requestresponsebean is at top. The "Module Key" is arranged in alphabetical order is suppose.

The sequence is always followed as per "Processing Sequence". I don't find an issue here.

Thanks,

Sudhansu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

According your screenshot and the blog, it seems that you have to put like receiver channel and receiver business compenent the webservice channel and not the idoc_aae channel.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

The blog has scenario IDoc  -> RFC (Synch) -> File. The receiver is mentioned as FIle Channel

My Scenario is IDoc  -> SOAP (Synch) -> IDoc. Similarly i have used the receiver channel as IDoc_AAE.

Thanks,

Sudhansu