cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PLM over teamcenter and other PLM tools

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi currently we are using some of SAP modules and we are planning to implement PLM tool and Engineering Change Management tool (Configuration change management).

I have following queries:-

1. Is it prudent to go for Team Center software or implement SAP PLM & ECM?
2. What are the advantages of Team Center over SAP PLM & ECM?
3. What is the version of SAP PLM available in market?
4. Can I use my old licenses with the new version of SAP PLM & ECM?
5. How does the economics will work out? Is it cheaper to implement SAP PLM & ECM instead of going for team center?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowtham,

The license items are structured in a modular way, and SAP can provide all necessary details through your Account Owner/Account Executive. Between SAP PLM and a competitor product, what works out cheaper depends on the actual components and prices offered by both sides. However, you must compare the pricing against the value the software brings rather than the features and functions.

The biggest value that SAP PLM brings is the common platform and database for PLM and ERP, which not only makes the end-to-end processes more seamless, but also helps the R&D Department in a big way by giving them real-time insight into information in the ERP system such as quality issues, compliance data, supplier status, etc.

If you are seriously evaluating your options for PLM, I would encourage you to reach out to your SAP Account Executive who can provide a lot of pertinent info for your specific requirements.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soma,

This could be a big topic with already lot of things researched on this ,

I will try my best to answer these questions from my knowledge, I have seen two cases where SAP PLM was chosen over Teamcenter.

2. What are the advantages of Team Center over SAP PLM & ECM?

Answering in reverse for SAP PLM,  OOTB integration with SAP ERP.

Common Infrastructure.

Strong commitment from SAP.

Broad range of new PLM Products now available one example Visual Enterprise from SAP.

3. What is the version of SAP PLM available in market?

SAP PLM 7.02 (PLMWUI702)

4. Can I use my old licenses with the new version of SAP PLM & ECM?

You need to individually check this with SAP. typically it requires seperate license, within SAP PLM there could be different options for license, e.g. Engineering Record.

5. It would be difficult to say without knowledge of scope and your PLM strategy.

Thanks and regards,

Niketan Maral