Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic banking interfaces : Reg

former_member593220
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We got a new Electronic Banking project to implement using SAP PI. As I don't have integration knowledge in banking interfaces, could you please anybody tell me what are the skill sets required to implement this interfaces from PI prospective to complete this bnking interfaces.

Thanks in Advance...!

--

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If it is bank related information than please always keep below points in mind.

• Always make sure that if there is any delay in banking transaction than company will pay penalty(i am saying based on my previous banking project)
  • Throughput and processing time of banking related information should be fast.
  • Always keep your monitoring team on alert to avoid any failure in system.
  • Support team should always ready to provide alternative solution incase if  there any issue occur.

You should prospose this below points to your client or functional consultant during discussion:-

• Propose specific queue for bank related interface so that other non critical message should not block this interface.
  • Bank Interface are always critical so make sure while developing your interface mapping should be easy and not complex.To improve the performance.
  • Batch job should  should be schedule in such a way that these interface should utilze the maximum PI.
  • You can go with PROXY TO SOAP scenerio.It will help you provide better and fast solution.Since SOAP is W3C recommended and independent of OS and Application plateform.

Regards,

Abhi

former_member593220
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.!

Till now we haven't received any blue print about this Banking interfaces details. And no idea about what are all the applications going to be involved in the integration.

So could any body please tell me, what are the different kind of approaches are available to fulfill the

e-banking integration in terms of..

1. What kind of applications may involve in the Banking interfaces.

2. What are the possible adapters

3. BPM is required are not

4. What type of mapping can be used.

Thanks a lot in Advance..!!

--

Regards

Raj

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Payment engine, Cards system, ERP, Deposit managment, bank analizer, some legacy banking systems

2. SOAP, PROXI, RFC, JDBC, JMS, file and others

3. for some interfaces, such as payment items processing it could be required.

4. any you like

some common objects to transfer are Clients, Accounts, Payment items, reports and different dictionaries

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please share me the source and target system, either integration needs to happen in application level or database level. Mostly it will be in application level so you can choose SOAP scenario.

Regards,

Manigandan

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

it depend on bank & type of interfaces

we can connect multiple ways to bank

usually swift is one option:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/22/e-payment-a-customized-solution-o...

Regards

Gagan