cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if GRC 10 system shutdown how to use Firefighter ids?

subbu_gogineni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently my organization upgrade GRC 5.3 to GRC10. I have a question on this

my question is if GRC 10 system shutdown how to use Firefighter ids? and what is the solution process for this issue?

Please answer all valuable solutions.

Thanks & Regards

Subbu Gogineni.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu

At the end of the day this should be a consideration in your system strategy for GRC solution. If you are using centralised EAM then you must make the GRC system a highly-available system and keep it in the same availability and planned outage window as your ERP.

If you not, consider making it decentralised FF so you can use if for ERP. You will have to look at impacts to scheduling jobs and data collection depending on how long you have an outage.

Should you have an unplanned outage on GRC then you will not be able to use FF. You will need to consider alternative emergency access processes whilst the GRC component is unavailable.

Regards

Colleen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subbu Gogineni wrote:

"I have small doubt on this GRC 10 system shutdown means that system not working,if not working how you can change configaration setings from centralized to decentralized"

Thanks & Regards

Subbu Gogineni.

If you are looking for a straight answer for your question, "No" You can't change it.

What about DB level?

Best Regards,

Rama

chandani_kaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Subbu,

If you above SP10, then there is option of configuring Decentralize firefighting. You can configure plugin system to be used for FFID session as in 5.3. When GRC box is up then schedule log sync update job which will automatically get the data from plugin system into GRC box for controllers.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandani

0 Kudos

Use Decentralized Firefighter  if you are SP10 or above.

You can use contents at below links.

Note 1690964 - Emergency Access Management Overview Documentation

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33099

subbu_gogineni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replay.I have small doubt on this GRC 10 system shutdown means that system not working,if not working how you can change configaration setings from centralized to decentralized.

Thanks & Regards

Subbu Gogineni

chandani_kaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Subbu,

You can keep the setting enabled and only use the decentralize FF when required. This will not impact your firefighting process that you are currently using.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandani

0 Kudos

If I am not wrong you want to do Firefighter activity without GRC box in AC10.

Decentralized Firefighter Configuration allows you to use Firefighter only in future if case  your  GRC Box is down.

But If your GRC Box is down without the prior settings you have to manually do Firefighter Activity in plugin system.

For that make  role SAP_GRAC_SUPER_USER_MGMT_ADMIN  is  assigned to admin.

Assign the authorization object  /GRCPI/001 to above role, and enter the ACTVT field value as 70 or * (asterisk).

subbu_gogineni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chandani,

Now Centralized process is using.if GRC10 system done how you can change configuration settings?

Please explain this process?

Thanks & Regards

Subbu Gogineni

chandani_kaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Subbu,

If now your GRC box is down then nothing could be done. But if it's working then enable the decentralize firefighting in GRC box by setting parameter 4015. Create the Firefighters on plugin system. Run the repository sync job to sync the user in GRC repository. Assign FFIDs to the firefighter.Run the  EAM Master data sync job to sync the EAM related master data in plugin system. Now when the GRC box is down at that time the firefighter can login directly to the plugin system and perform the activities.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandani