SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting the user from withdrawing more than consumable budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using budget period and we have process related issue here:

We upload the budget for future budget periods as well.

And when the budget for a combination of funds center, commitment item, fund is exhausted in the current budget period we will borrow it from future budget period. By borrowing I mean manually posting minus budget for the combination and posting the same amount to the current budget period.

For example: Budget is exhausted for Funds center 100 and commitment item A in the current budget period, and we have uploaded 10000 into next budget period, we will post minus budget for the required amount in the next budget period and upload it to current budget period through FMBB.

The issue here is if consumable budget for next budget period is 10000 and if we post -11000 also system will accept resulting in consumable budget for next period to be -1000, we do not want it to go below zero. system should restrict posting negative only until consumable budget is zero.

Please help me with this

Regards,

Insomniac

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The budget control is performed on annual level. Only if you use 'Budget Period' as FM object and not just like a calendar period, you can achive what you require.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I am using budget period as an account assignment object and the budget is uploaded for the combination of funds center, commitment item, fund and budget period.

What I want is system should not allow to post minus budget more than consumable amount. As in If consumable budget is 1000 and if try to upload more than -1000 using FMBB for the same combination system should restrict, is this possible ? please help. Any user exit can do this ?

Regards,

Amar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, I didn't get your request, then... For this control, please, consult OSS note 983853.

ankit_agarwal8
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know whether it will help you, but it is for other readers on the forum,

If you are using release strategy, then system is behaving correctly. Before releasing the budget you can transfer the budget more then the available budget. If you release the budget, system will not allow you to transfer the budget more then the consumable budget. This is standard behavior of SAP. 

If you want to put some check on first kind of case, you need to write consistency check for this.

Regards,

Ankit Agarwal