Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN_SETUP: done activities are resetted by system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing a curious phenomenon today:

yesterday I did almost all activites in solman_setup (system preparation, basic configuration until step 5 with automatically configured actions) on solution manager system 7.1 sps 08. Most activities have been green, a few yellow and red.

I had to resync LMDB after importing a new cr-content. Therefore I restarted job SAP_LMDB_00000001, which ran a few hours.

Today I log in again (same system, same client, same language!) and nothing is done. It's like anybody resetted solman_setup. All steps are greyed out, "last changed at" is on "00.00.0000 00:00:00".

System wasn't restored - I can see the Jobs I started yesterday in the afternoon, I can see the users which I created yesterday.

So what happened?

Does anybody has an idea?

Regards

Julia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After opening a message at SAP support I got a link to note 1849006.

With sps 05-08 implement note and afterwards execute report RLMDB_RESTORE_GUID.  This restores the technical key of the productive client of the AS ABAP technical system of SAP Solution Manager in the LMDB. Also the lost configurations information is restored.

I did this and configuration was resetted to the point before the system reset on Nov 27th.

Regards

Julia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

pls refer below links for more clarification of sap solman_setup ...

SAP Solution Manager Basic Configuration - SAP Documentation

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3178091

regard

Nayeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nayeem,

sorry, but I can't see the relationship between your posted links and my question.

Regards,

Julila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Check in the correct client, may be you have executed in the different client on yesterday.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

it is right system and right client.

I started with solman_setup in client 001 until I registered that BW Client is in client 100. Therefore I did solman_setup in client 100 again.

In both clients all steps are grey, like anybody did anything. But I can see that the Jobs where done and the configuration in the steps is done. So it could be a "view" problem but for solman_setup I have to execute the steps again, otherwise steps stay grey.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Julia

bala2104
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Please check the solution manager system ID in LMDB , may be the Extended SID has been channged . Due to that all your configuration status would be greyed out . But no worries , It will not affect the configuration which you have done ,only the status changed from green to grey .

You can change the status to green manually .

Regards

Bala