cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop WEBGUI starting a new session?

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are upgrading to ECC6, Enhancement Pack 6.

On our upgraded portal (currently being tested), a brand new WebGUI session seems to be started every time we click on the 'Display Vendors' tab.

(This tab links to a backend ERP transaction).

I believe that a new WebGUI session is started because :

• you see a new 'SAP GUI for HTML' splash screen every time you click on the tab
  • all previously entered data in the SAP GUI session (eg the vendor number) has disappeared.

In contrast, in our current (Production) portal, you only get a splash screen the first time you start the 'Display Vendors' transaction.

Each time you return to the tab, the Vendor number remains in place.

We would prefer to maintain the same WebGUI session, so that entered data is not lost. How/where do you control this?

Note: I'm a newbie at ITS WebGUI configuration. So it may well be something obvious!

We tried changing the SICF parameters, but they don't seem to make a difference to this behaviour.

thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

What are the WEBGUI settings in SICF?

You can disable this splashscreen by adding the parameter: ~nosplash=1 in the 'GUI Configuration' section in SICF.

If you set ~singletransaction 1 in the WEBGUI - then when you navigate away from the ITS service the session will be killed and then a new WEBGUI session will start when you click on a different ITS service in the Portal. Can review in the transaction SM04 and SITSPMON to monitor how the ITS sessions behave on the Netweaver Server.

Regards,

Oisin

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our Production system (which keeps the WEBGUI sessions alive) the parameters are:

~WEBGUI 1

~THEME sl

In our Upgraded systems (where the sessions are killed off) the parameters are:

~WEBGUI 1

~THEME sap_tradeshow_plus

~XSRFCHECK 1

It's challenging (for me!) to find any doco on these parameters...

Could it be the XSRFCHECK? We turned it off but it had no effect.

(As a bonus question, what do you need to do to properly test parameter changes?

Deactivate & restart the service?)

thanks!

Paul

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

The XSRFCHECK parameter should not have a bearing on this. You do not need to Deactivate & restart the service in SICF. By setting XSRFCHECK 1 or 0 and saving it to exit EDIT mode is sufficient.

Probably need to do a HTTP trace to see the values of the parameters being passed at runtime; the portal could also be passing parameters to the WEBGUI service. Actually the Portal DSM is repsonsible for the session management here so may need to review the Portal iView configuration setup.

Regards,

Oisin

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks - We are referring the matter to OSS to see what they say. I'll update this thread when they respond.

cheers

Paul

Answers (0)