cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What SPRO path or transcaction can I use to change message LB001 to an error

0 Kudos

First we use Batch management in SAP.

Second we ship based on weight in a particular batch.   Occasionally the weight on the truck will be more than the weight in inventory.    Normally the user in charge of the picking process will contact the appropriate personell to correct the inventory at this point.  Occassionally this does not occur and the shipping paperwork is sent out with incorrect weights.   When this happens we get a customer complaint.    We are looking to put some validation into the process.

Currently during the picking process a user will select a delivery note line item and select batch determination.

A dialog box will appear for all of the batch that match a certain customers batch search strategy.  

The list of messages will appear and the user selects the appropriate batches.  Sometimes for one line there will be multiple batches. 

The problem is when SAP and the scale do not agree.   Basically the user will enter the amount they get from the scale into SAP.   If SAP is lower we will get message LB001 Shortfall below avail.qty for batch & in storage loc.& amounting to & &.   Unfortunately I can't find the config path to change this message into a warning.   Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mate, please try

spro->logistics-general->batch management->define attributes of system messages

or just run t-code OCHS

if you can't find it there try to add - hit 'New Entries' for LB 001 with Cat. 'E'

good luck

0 Kudos

Thanks I had added it using this OCHS before but when the functional expert tested it still displayed as a warning. Maybe I used an incorrect version.

I have added the version as z1 and will have him retest tomorrow.

0 Kudos

Unfortunately this did not solve the issue we will begin looking for a user exit.   We bleieve this is controlled programatically and not through the define system attributes.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not all errors in the SAP System can be customised into warning messages. Some are simply hard-coded as errors. This is explained in the following note:

544444: Message type Customizing has no effect

While that is a PP note, the same logic can be applied across all component areas.

I do not know where in the code message LB001 is raised. If you can, it would be could if you debugged where this message is raised in your example and paste a screenshot here. A screenshot of the call stack should tell us if the message can be customisable.

0 Kudos

after the holidays we went through the debug process.    This message appears to be hard coded by SAP.  We are currently looking in to either an implicit enhancement in module message_id, unless we can find another avenue to make this change.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Yes, it is hard-coded. And the explanation in note 544444 applies. I know it is strange that you cannot change a warning to an error but in some of their code, SAP do hard-code warnings; their explanation for this is that they assume the user to be an expert and be capable of assessing whether they should proceed after seeing the warning.

To overcome the issue, you could implement a small modification. Currently, the code is:

IF neg_check IS INITIAL.

PERFORM message_id USING w '001' 'LB' xv01fdp-charg

xv01fdp-lgort

diff_menge

v01fdk-meinh

w space.

The warning is hard-coded in the "PERFORM message_id USING w" line. W- Warning. You could replace the above with:

IF neg_check IS INITIAL.

PERFORM message_id USING SPACE '001' 'LB' xv01fdp-charg

xv01fdp-lgort

diff_menge

v01fdk-meinh

w space.

This removes the hard-coded "W" (Warning) and replaces that data object with Space (" "). This would ensure that the OCHS entry will then be used; as in form message_id, there is a call to function ME_CHECK_T160M which looks at OCHS.

I havent tested if there are any adverse outcomes to the above modification, but I doubt there would be.....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

GUYS, TAKE A BREAK, IT'S XMAS!!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you.

, J.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Basically the user will enter the amount they get from the scale into SAP.

Through which TCode, user will update in SAP ?  As per note 426988, system will pup up LB001 only in MIGO. 

I am also confused on seeing your comments

Unfortunately I can't find the config path to change this message into a warning

because your subject says, you want to change from warning to error but here it is vice versa.  Nevertheless, have a look at the above note and take the inputs from there.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

I apologize apparently my subject is wrong.   I am trying to change from a warning to an error. 

The transaction is vl02n Change outbound delivery.   The message is shown on the batch determination screens.    Once the Holidays are over I will debug and get a screenshot of the call stack.