Did you mean: 

Changing the email subject for billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

A request is to update the email subject from the standard

INVOICE: 123456789 Customer Name

to

MyCompany Invoice: 123456789 Customer Name

I am looking for configuration to accomplish this task. The output determination configuration doesn't have an area to make a simple change. How can this be accomplished? I tried to make some changes in he "Mail title and texts" but was unsuccessful.

Other postings were not helpful to find the correct answer.

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use variables that will be filled with their values when creating the message. In NACE tcode, you can use those variables (they’re enclosed by &'s) in mail title and texts. Your title could be something like: My company invoice &VBRK-VBELN& customer name

In NACE, in tab General data for your output type, you’ll see a replacement of text symbols block with 2 entries: program and form routine. Here you establish the program that will be used to replace the variables with their values. Program for invoices is SAPMV60A and form is TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE (this will replace &VBRK-VBELN& by invoice number)

However, customer name is not a field available in table VBRK that means that you have to look
for the help of an abaper and create your own program and form (to replace the variables you need - invoice number and customer name-) and use them in program and form routine in replacement of text symbols in NACE, and
finally, you'll have to adap your title with the 2 variables (enclose by &’s).

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the feedback. I attempted to update the NACE General data for output type but was not successful. I cannot proceed with the request to try abap because it is not approved at this time but I appreciate your direction.

Bela

Answers (0)