cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry title bar "module" button main screen ios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a way on ios to disable the "modules" button on the main screen?

It's confusing for users that there is a "go back" functionality on the main screen.

On other detail screens it's very handy to keep them (so users can go back to the main screen)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue or question reminds me of an older feature built in the WinCE platform (not iOS).

The bug (change request) was a request wherein if you have only one screen to not have the nav button to show because it makes the user confuse. Note: Picture is from WinCE (Pocket PC) not iOS. But from the description above, it seems there is a need for iOS.

It was a feature built in Agentry 6.0.18 - AG-12256 - you may Google Agentry Patch Notes 6.0.18 to see that number - Title: Remove or hide Agentry screenset navigation button (Nav pop up menu) when there is only one screen enabled in a given screenset. 

Solution of AG-12256:  Agentry to dynamically add/remove(show/hide or enable/disable) Nav menu button based on number of available screens (for WinCE).

If this is very important to the customer then you may:

1) Open an SAP Support Message using MOB-SYC component in the Service Market Place and reference AG-12256 to make it available for iOS because it is only for WinCE (the dev team for WinCE and iOS are different they may not have the same feature set).  Please point to Agentry Patch Notes 6.0.18 (the one available in Google) in your message.

You may modify it based on your request.

2) you will also need to make sure you have a snap captured image to accompany your request.

3) A business requirement (why it is important).

This may be considered a change request to the iOS functionality and may have a different schedule  than normal bugs/problems. 

Hope this helps add on some information to the above question.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes I already played with those settings, but I indeed wanted to keep the other back buttons on top of the screen.

There is a possibility to add buttons on top of the screen, but they're positioned on the right hand side.

I've already foreseen a logout and a close functionality, so the module screen is obsolete as there is only one module available.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As an update this will also remove it for all the other screens as well.  You will need to make sure to add a close button to the screens if you want to navigate back.  There is no way currently to only remove teh Modules button but leave the other buttons.

--Bill

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

While it is possible to disable the Modules back button I would ask that you re-consider keeping it.  If you remove the button then the users will have no way to get to the About Screen to view version information, reset any clietn data or even easily logout of the client.

If you do want to remove the button, here are the steps.

1. Open the Agentry Editor for your application
  2. Navigate to the Application | Application Settings
  3. Under the Client Settings, uncheck the Title bar buttons, Show title bar [X] and [OK] buttons.
  4. Save and publish
  5. Transmit and the module button should be gone

Please note that this will also affect WinCE clients as well as that was the original intent of the option you are unselecting.

--Bill

Global Mobile Services