cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip has no Postable Amounts - PRRW & Reversals

Former Member
0 Kudos

In recent postings of expenses via PRFI/PRRW, we were receiving errors that require a reversal posting run. Previously what this does is create a credit on the employee vendor, then a debit, netting to zero. So then we re-run PRFI/PRRW (minus the errored trips that forced the reversal) and it creates a new credit on the employee vendor. The payment process is run and the reimbursements are paid out to the employee.

Recently, the employee payment job has been autmoated to be every night. During this week's PRFI/PRRW posting, another reversal was required, however, before the new posting could be done (to create the new credit for the employee) the employee payment job ran, thus marking these items as posted and paid.

In reviewing an employee in FBL1N, it shows the original posting and the reversal, netting to zero. We need a way to "undo" the reversal or create a new posting in PRFI/PRRW that will create another credit so the employees can be paid.

We have never used PRRL before, but read the information on it and it sounded like this would work for us to reset the trip status to trip approved/to be settled and set the posting status to NOT POSTED. However, after running PRRL, PREC, PRFI, PRRW again....it is still showing Trip has no postable amounts.

Please advise what we can do to pay out the reimbursements due to the employees.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

I don't think you could reverse/reject the FI document with status 'Docs Posted'. However I know you have to cancel the trip to resolve this - for this go to PR05 select the trip and click on the cancel button. Once this is done then you can create a posting run via PRFI which will create a reversal entry.

I also suggest looking at the thread below:

http://scn.sap.com/message/6353047

Hope this helps

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the reversal was already completed in PRRW. The posting had critical errors that forced a reversal, therefore none of the trips have successfully hit the GL (company paid) nor paid out to employees (out of pocket remibursements). There has been no valid payments to reverse this way.

However, I will try canceling the trip and running another posting to see if this negates the reversal amounts in some way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is an example. The yellow is the posting created with PRRW, the purple is the forced reversal created in PRRW. So the total is zero, even though it has not been paid to the employee. I need a way to remove/negate/delete the "reversal amounts" so that the employee will be able to be paid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you have not cancelled the trip (if you haven't then please don't do this) and the reason is that cancelling a trip is used when you want to make a reversal posting but from your screenshot it appears that you already have the reversal entry.

To be honest, I have never come across this scenario where the system, during errors, has created a reversal entry automatically and we want to delete/remove the 'reversal posting amount' so the actual amounts can be paid

Just a thought - If this is for one employee then wouldn't be easier to create a new expense report (for the same amount) and pay the employee that way?

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, unfortunately it's not just one employee, it was everyone in that posting run. So about 60 trips, 57 employees. At this point, we are thinking we might be able to do journal entries for the corrections and that will leave the credit to pay out to the employee. I will keep you posted on the results.

**Edited to add: we also have 1100 other trips that have this same issue that are posting to the GL only (company paid). Only 60 are for OOP reimbursments.

Answers (0)