cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Alert consumer in PI 7.31 dual stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created a new alert consumer using  RegisterConsumer webservice.

and able to fetch the alerts using RetriveSingleAlerts webservice for the newly created consumer.

However when i schedule the Alert Consumer job to trigger the email, it's unable to collect the alerts. We are able to schedule and receive the email if i use standard consumer "ALERT-TO-MAIL"

Just wanted to know if it is feasible to schedule the Alert Consumer job for the manually created consumer to receive the alert emails..

Requirement is to define interface specific consumer i.e. based on the interface we need to maintain the recipients.

Please confirm.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The alert consumer should have a user account that includes the SAP_XI_ALERT_CONSUMER role to be able to retrieve alerts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Is there a way to know which user account is used for alert consumer?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

-->We have created a new alert consumer using  RegisterConsumer webservice.

-->and able to fetch the alerts using RetriveSingleAlerts webservice for the newly created consumer.

We are trying to create a new alert consumer in our environment.

Could you please let me know the detailed steps how you have created alert consumer.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Veerendra.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veerendra - you can go to the webservice navigator -> search for the service interface "AlertRuleIn" under which you can find the service RegisterConsumer.

You can execute that service. It'll ask for the alert rule ID(alert rule name which was created in ID) and the new consumer name.

It'll create the changelist and the alert rule will be updated with the new consumer

former_member184720
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh...that was very useful for me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below blog, this will help you how to go forward with custom consumer.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/11/18/customized-alerts-in-sap-po

Regards,

Veerendra.