cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCN Notification mails

0 Kudos

Hi there,

by mistake I activated "Receive Notofication". From that day my e-mail account is floated by several mails I do not need. Even thought I reviewed several areas and found the corresponding buttons on "Receive notifications", which means by psuhing I would ask for notifications or with other words the notification is off, I still get all notifications to my e-mail account.

I asked this question on th eSAP telephone hotline but the lady gave me wrong information and after callig her a second time she recommneted to sent a e-mail to the SAP support, which I could not find anywhere.

Can anyone help to switch of these notifications?

Bernhard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please check your e-mail preferences. Here's a helpful document about notifications:

There's a link to Contact Us on the site footer where you'll find the e-mail address for SCN e-Mail Support.

0 Kudos

Jason,

thanks for the quick answer. Yes I checked "General Preferences" where in I clicked all options to "off" and furthermore I checked "Managing SCN" where I also deactivated (well it was already de-activated) "Receive e-mail notifications".

Nevertheless I receive plenty SCN masils.

Bernhard

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You must also select "never" for People, places and content I'm following (Followed Activity).

Can you share links to the items you are receiving notifications for?

former_member323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Open an email notification, click on "view full discussion"

You might not be getting email notifications for this specific thread but rather for the entire space or sub space where this thread is in.

So use the blue button on the top of the page to open the relevant sub-spaces, and main space.

Reminder:

The Actions bar should show "Receive email notifications" - this means that currently you are not getting notifications.

Please update if you were able to cancel the notifications.

SCN has a great support team, you can write to them by simply clicking on "Contact Us" from the buttom of any SCN page.

The SCN support team are very helpful in such cases. you can send them an email and attach a notification (they actually need the hyperlink attached to "view full discussion" from the notification)

Regards,

David.

0 Kudos

Hi David,

thanks for trying to help me.

Fortunatelly I could switch off the mailing so I am relaxed again.

Unfortunatelly I neither know how I did so nor I understood your guide. It really seems that I am too stupid for this portal.

I neither found the "Blue botton on the top" nor the "Receive email notifications". However, the button "Receive email notifications"  I found before on several pages but all were switched off.

Also your note to aksed the support team for help did not work because I did not find any button "Contact Us", neither on the main page nor on any drop down menue.

Last but not least I tried the answer from Jason, recommenting to select "never" for People but also this I could not find.

In summary I have no idea how to use this platform.

Since I am developping a Client Server Application for our inspectors world wide, I now need SAP support (former it was Sybase) from time to time but I have no idea how I can get this help.

However, the email messages stopped, which is a big benifit.

Thanks again

Bernhard     

former_member323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

I am glad to hear that you've managed to stop the notifications.

still I would like to shed some light on the topics that are unclear:

The blue hirarchy button:

Here is a screenshot of the blue button:

When you click on it you see the hirarchy of the discussion.

Space > sub-space > sub-sub-space > discussion.

For example this thread that we are comunicating through is in ;SCN support' space (no sub-spaces in this case)

so back to the original discussion,

you might be recieving email notifications for the discussion, for the sub-space or for the space.

first check the 'recieve email notification' on the Actions bar on then discussion page.

then, (with the help of the blue button) click on he sub-space / space page and check the Actions bar there.

To contact the support team:

Scroll down to the buttom of any SCN page.

Account notification preferences:

(what Jason suggested):

Click on your name on the top of the page (where you have "welcome" before your name)

from the Actions bar select "Edit Preferences"

There you will find some notification preferences:

I hope this is helpful.

Happy thanksgiving 🙂

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can control this via e-mail preferences.

Or have you checked it ?

What'r it showing for the forum?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check Edit preferences tab in your SCN profile page There you can set the preferences as per your desire.

Regards,

Jitendra

0 Kudos

Jitendra,  thanks for the quick answer. Yes I checked "General Preferences" where in I clicked all options to "off" and furthermore I checked "Managing SCN" where I also deactivated (well it was already de-activated) "Receive e-mail notifications".  Nevertheless I receive plenty SCN masils.  Bernhard