cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Mass Transport requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to move 500 TRs  from Quality server to Production server .All requests are in import queue ,some requests are depend ices .

Please advice is it possible to move 10 or 15 TRS at a time ,Please suggest the procedure .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all you need to check if all the transport need to be moved to prodcution.So fist get the list ready and check with the developers if all the changes can be moved to production. As its little bit risky if some unrequited changes get moved to production.

To select the block you can do the below process.

Keep the mouse on the first line of the transport and press F6.

Select the last line that you want as the end of the block and F6 again.

I dont see any issues in moving the block till all the transport are in correct sequence.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for your suggestion ,

I will follow your suggestion I.e block wise TRS deepening upon sequence ,I am performing the activity tomorrow.

Performing above procedure to import block TRS will arise any issue ?

If we select the block import will be also same sequence in import queue right?

Thanks advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more doubt If we select 10 requests at a time it will follow the same sequence in import buffer or E \\it will generate randomly

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not Random. It will import all 10 in the order in which they are placed in the import queue

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/44/b4a39e7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Starting the Import of All Requests in One or More Projects:

The requests are imported in the order in which they are placed in the import queue. This also applies if you want to import all the requests from multiple projects together. All the requests in one project are not imported first, followed by all the requests in the next project. Instead they are imported in the order in which they are placed in the import queue. Each import step is performed for all requests, just like when you import all requests from a queue. First, all the Dictionary objects in the requests are imported, then all the Dictionary objects are activated, and then the main import is performed for all requests. 

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Performing above procedure to import block TRS will arise any issue ?

I don't see any issue till the sequence in the buffer of Production is correct and no one has delete any request from the import queue buffer.

As mentioned earlier that it would be good if you could double check the import order in QUA (Take a snapshot of the import history from QUA)and compare with the Buffer that non of the transport is missing.

Also check with the developers that no request needs any manual activation before importing the upcoming transport.

So to be double sure make use of the QUA import history and check which all were the failed request and if any manual action was taken to fix it or they have upcoming request in the queue to fix the issue.

Also check if any transport is specific for 000 client and is not in the list as some times you have special transports from sap that need to be imported in 000.(So just checking )

Just take the above pre-check and then import the transport as it will go in the order that they are in the import queue.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a script based the sequence of TR's which you want to import and import it from OS level too using a script too

tp import SIDKxxxxxx <SID>  client=100  pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

tp import SIDKxxxxxx <SID>  client=100 pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

Setting block using F6 and importing is also best option.

regards

kartik

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos