cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement by Amount in Object Currency

0 Kudos

Hi,

At our client we are using object currency ZAR and CO Area Currency USD. We want to settle in ZAR, as we do all our transactional data in
ZAR (planning, budgeting, actuals...). We need to settle by amount with decimals from AUC to Asset through CJIC, but when you put the value in the
amount field, it takes it as USD. Percentage and Equivalence options, that work on ZAR, are not good, since you don´t arrive to the exact amount you need to settle (with decimails). I have opened a note to SAP long back but they don´t want to fix it. I see lots of people with the same issue in the SAP forums, but no real solution for it. Does anyone know of a user exit that can influence picking up the amount in Object Curr instead of CO Area Currency?.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gorka.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use equicalence field - just multiply all your figures by 100 (e.g. 100,55 -> 10055).

0 Kudos

Check my original post, that was already considered and doesn´t work for our business scenario.

0 Kudos

Also have into account partial capitalization is required through CJIC for multiple line items and for multiple final assets.

0 Kudos

Hi Levgen,

Sorry for not coming back to you earlier, but your solution actually works, so I have marked it as the correct answer.

Since I had seen many queries on this same subject, I am going to try and expand a bit further on this solution so that everybody understands.

If you look at the help of the equivalence number fields, you´ll understand that this works on percentages but instead of specifying them as, ie, 20% and 80%, specifying as, ie, 4 and 16. Then it takes the 4 over 20 (4+16), which makes a 20% and the 16 over 20 (4+16), which makes an 80%.

From this (working on percentages), I kind of understood that it wouldn´t work for straight values, but the thing is that although still working on percentages, when you put the straight values the percentages make back the exact value you are trying to settle.

In this sense, if what you want to settle is, out of a cost line of 5,057.30 USD, 2,030 USD to Asset 1 and 3,027.30 USD to Asset 2, you just multiply by 1000 those figures (in the system at my client it was by 1000, I´m not sure if there is some setting that makes it different to Levgen´s system where he needs to multiply by 100) and input for each of the assets in your settlement rule, 2030000 and 3027300, respectively.

Just be careful not to make up your number correctly, because if you for instance do 1,000 to the first asset and 3,000 to the second asset, it will still take it, and interpret you want to post 25% to the first asset (1,000 over 4,000) and 75% to the second asset, (3,000 over 4,000), which would not come back to your intended values of 2,030 USD to the first asset and 3,027,30 USD to the second asset.

Hope this helps for those of you still pending to come up to this issue some time in the future!

Answers (0)